• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi My Avenge-X Classic Wood stock 25 cal rifle arrived

With 4000psi in the tube and 2400 on the reg, mine creeps up to 2750 overnight. Seems like it takes many hrs to do so. One shot and it's back down to 2400psi.
Useable but not ideal. Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse for you. That was how mine was when I got it and I adjusted it following the instructions. It was complete crap after that. So I sent the gun back. My avenger bullpup had a very good reg. I adjusted that one several times and it held for a month in storage.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Useable but not ideal. Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse for you. That was how mine was when I got it and I adjusted it following the instructions. It was complete crap after that. So I sent the gun back. My avenger bullpup had a very good reg. I adjusted that one several times and it held for a month in storage.
Ouch that sucks and sorry to hear it.

As hot of an item as the Avenge X is, since it is new, Im trying to avoid the rush and hear legit feedback and make sure they have the bugs worked out of it on the production models.

Even with the creep it is hard to argue with the price and features. Ive heard good things about the customer service.

Nice to hear the positive reports. I can almost bet that you can drop your reg to around 2k and with a hammer spring readjustment still shoot 25.39 in the high 800’s. I did it with my regular avenger so this should be good to go too. They always send these things with a really high reg setting out of the box. Never understood that.

Reactions: Dairyboy
A few more tweaks. I noticed a small gap between the barrel shroud and the breech and decided to investigate. Turned out the two barrel lock setscrews were a bit loose. No biggey but since I was there I took the barrel/shroud off. I decided to inspect the barrel. It threads off the shroud easily. I was surprised with the unique "crown" . Looked like 180 grit sandpaper. I couldn't resist touching it up. Also pushed a pellet down the barrel. Surprised to find a choked barrel. No kidding. Also some machining marks throughout and roughness near the muzzle end. Gave the barrel a polish too. Shoots even better now. Loves the 25.4gr JSBs and FX. 2300psi and 2 turns in does pretty good at 35yds.

20230919_084851.jpg

Avenge-X crown - before.jpg

Avenge-X crown - after.jpg

Avenge-X 25 cal - FX 25.4gr 60-shot tune 1.jpg

20230919_184526.jpg

A month in and 3000+ shots later the Avenge-X is doing OK. I did a deep clean around 1800 shots and found some odd spalling in the barrel at the muzzle. Pretty sure this was from the mfg cut-off saw. Air Venturi swapped it out. New barrel looks much better and shoots more consistent out to 120yds. Also found that the cocking lever linkage was creating aluminum dust at the rear breach. Turns out the pocket for the Nylon bushings was too deep and had metal to metal rubbing. Plus no lube there at all. I popped the bushing out and milled down the ridge around the bushing pocket so then the bushing sits proud a bit. Lubed it up and cocking lever is smooth and no more problems now.
Yesterday was a spa day for the stock. A buff and wax brought out the shine. Looks and feels real nice. Shooting pretty good with pellets. A tune at 925fps with the JSB 25.4gr is doing pretty good at 100yrds. I've got the 22cal barrel kit on order once they're available. Will be a new gun to tinker with once it shows up.

Screenshot_20231014-183655_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014-183855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014-184020_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014-182117_Gallery.jpg

20231014_163454.jpg

I think the linkage is just textured powder coated cast aluminum. It's real soft. The breech looks the same too. There was some material missing in it too from the rubbing. Didn't get pic. I did have to replace an oring on the hammer bolt. It was cut with chunk missing.
Also still have ~350lbs of reg creep in 4+ hrs time. Was hoping the reg would settle in but so far no go. My two nits are the reg creep and the wood trigger guard. Shoots good though with pellets. I sure hope we see some slug barrels show up for these. I'm not having luck with the NSAs I've tried.

Screenshot_20231015-121408_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231015-121428_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Chris_K
It took some work. The rifle came with the adjustments as soft as possible already, so it wasn't a simple screw adjustment job.
Longer front screw to shorten 1st stage, lighter spring to soften pull, shortened safety post to allow the 1st stage travel reduction, removed 1 of 3 washers on back sear engagement screw, thinned the 2 remaining washers a bit and polished all the contact points. Use a popsicle stick to pry apart the trigger box. I'll look at my notes for the Hillman spring I used. Easy to access and a fun challenge.

Screenshot_20231016-204428_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231016-204513_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Netman
Thanks for your honest review. Looks like there is no QC in manufacturing. Just based on what you have shown with your rifle, I would never buy this rifle.
It’s a $350 pcp, what do you expect?
I have a .22 in wood and I absolutely love it. Super accurate out to 50(haven’t tried further).
Super smooth cocking, great trigger after an easy mod, light weight and very easy to tune.
Love it so much that I preordered a tactical X also in .22…..can’t wait to get it.

Reactions: Ray_PR
It’s a $350 pcp, what do you expect?
I have a .22 in wood and I absolutely love it. Super accurate out to 50(haven’t tried further).
Super smooth cocking, great trigger after an easy mod, light weight and very easy to tune.
Love it so much that I preordered a tactical X also in .22…..can’t wait to get it.
I think it’s the hype of influencers(reviewers) that say it’s a $1000 rifle sold at a $500 price. Thats why it is nice to see review that is actually truthful. The Avenge X seems pretty good for the price but does have shortcomings due to being built to a price point.