• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi My Avenge-X Classic Wood stock 25 cal rifle arrived

What a nice day-early UPS delivery today for my first pcp rifle. First impressions... I'm gonna like it! Arrived in great shape still with 4kpsi in tube and reg at ~2750. I checked things out, tightened screws and put a few pellets through it. Reg dropped to 23-2400 and stayed there. So some creep I guess. She's new. With the 25.4 JSBs it was doing 880-900. The hammerspring was +1 5/8. Ran the snake thru several times and cleaned out the barrel. Clamped on the bipod, installed the hi-cap mag and grabbed some rings. Had 3 sizes on hand. 1", 1.2" and 1.35". Ended up using the 1" ht Monstrum and they put the Athlon 6-24x50 Talos right where I wanted it. Clears the shroud and mag nicely. 4 or 5 shots and it's hitting pretty close. Gonna give it some air and shoot till dark!

20230912_132300.jpg

20230912_134158.jpg

20230912_140221.jpg

20230912_151044.jpg

20230912_152852.jpg

20230912_150026.jpg

20230912_152902.jpg

I had the idea at work today that I wanted to dial it back and see if I could find something for the 2 tins of H&N 25cal 20gr pellets that Amazon "gave" me on a goofed order. Thinking about a low-power hi-mileage 100-shot tune. It was easier than I thought it might be. I just left the reg and HS at the factory settings and simply turned the transfer port knob to LO and it got me pretty close. I ran out of time to shoot more than 60 pellets but still sitting above 3kpsi, so I'll finish it up tomorrow. The spread and sd are respectable. I was rushed but accuracy seemed decent at 25yrds. This rifle is gonna be so fun to try out all there is to tweak on. Other graph is from last evening of the 1st fill at factory settings. I forgot the chrony for 1st 3 shots and I had some dryfires at the end of a couple mags. Not sure what that was about?

Prius Tune 1.jpg

Avenge-X 1st Fill.jpg

Have put about 1,000 rounds or more thru mine so far and its a shooter! Really likes the JSB MK2 33.95 out of anything else ive tried so far. Ive shot it 25/50 and 100yds. Shot a 223/250 benchrest card at 100yds with only about 100 shots on it then. The reg is very consistent, action is solid and smooth, trigger heavy and ehh. That will be my next focus. Im shooting the MK2 at 860 as thats as far as I want to adjust to maintain some shot count (about 40). It will one hole at 50yds and 100yds I still have some testing left to do. Shot a total of 7 cards at 100yds and 223 being the best with no wind. With wind best I could do was 211 so I have some learning to do lol.
Great gun for the price. Fairly quiet and with a DFL Sumo its extremely quiet, with a Buckrail its quieter but has a high pitch bark that plastic gives off so if you want silence, DFL or similar.
A couple of 50yds groups and testing from last night. We had 2 Avenge-X .25 out shooting and tuning.
Hoping to find a better more consistent pellet that it likes to help eliminate the fliers. There was a touch of wind but not to cause the major fliers.

AvengX Groups2.jpg

AvengX Groups1.jpg

Great report Brandon! That's some good shooting out of the box.
What reg and HS settings are you using with the JSB MKIIs? I'm gonna be trying those out his weekend and see how it goes. I wanna tweak the trigger as well.
I ended up with 88 shots on the reg with the low power tune using the H&N 20gr. Accuracy is not as good as with the JSB 25.4 but plenty good for a 25yd squirrel headshot. Quiet too.

Prius Tune 88 shots.jpg

20230914_192252.jpg

Reactions: MysticalDragon
I shot one when I went to my first HFT match last sunday, though it was in 177 I believe. It did shoot well and was comfy. Another shot one with a synthetic stock in HFT scoring a 44. They both shot well. The guy I that let me shoot it was running an Alpha Wolf in his HFT match but said hes been very pleased with how the Avenge x shoots so far.

I'm trying to resist the urge to add one to my cart when I call pyramid later. I'll likely hold off as Ive not decided what caliber or stock I want to get it in. At least the barrel kits are cheaper than my ghost LOL.

Reactions: jakeb