• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK My Atomic Has Arrived....

So I had recently sold my FX dreamtac .177 set at 10fpe and was looking for a replacement. As a new owner of a ghost .30 I began to look at the BRK line something I never did and I don't know why I never did sijxe they have some great looking stuff. The build on the brk leave you feeling like you have a well built rigid piece of equipment in your hand with reliability. I narrowed it down to the pathfinder, ranger, or atomic and the pathfinder was high on the list but I didn't have the extra funds so I went with the atomic in .177. When I got it the box was HUGE and when I opened it I saw this nice and compact little work of art. It's my incognito setup so with it being so compact from the start I was okay adding a moderator to it as it would still be way shorter than my dreamtac with a moderator at 40". Well tried a few options and was able to get it to the man that sounds broken type of sound I like and so far very happy with it. Just waiting for a range day to try a few other mods with a buddy @ctshooter. I know a sub12 and my case a 10fpe pcp doesn't appeal to everyone but it serves a purpose of not only being my incognito setup but probably one of my most used setups as it's a 30y and under setup. In my old dreamtac I wasn't even getting a pass through on field mice at 25y. I am really enjoying it and so far it's getting right around 39-45 shots in the little tube which is perfect what what I wanted. The fx atomic pellets and crossman hollow points are showing promise.
20230810_190729.jpg
20230810_221805.jpg
20230810_224846.jpg
20230811_111045.jpg
20230812_005826.jpg

I have a Brocock Atomic in.177 that I absolutely love. It was one of the first ones to ship and I use it for Pistol Field Target, just unscrew the stock. It is topped with an Athelon scope and shoots lights out. I have it set right at 12 FPE with 10.3 JSB and or 9.56 QYS pellets, shoots them equally well. It is a great carbine air rifle for grandkids, from 7 to 17, it fits them all and they love to shoot it. In over two years I have only cleaned the barrel and it never misses a beat. It is a great sparrow stalker around the family farm from the comfort of a stealthy minivan out the window. Out to 35-40 yds a laser. Enjoy

So I had recently sold my FX dreamtac .177 set at 10fpe and was looking for a replacement. As a new owner of a ghost .30 I began to look at the BRK line something I never did and I don't know why I never did sijxe they have some great looking stuff. The build on the brk leave you feeling like you have a well built rigid piece of equipment in your hand with reliability. I narrowed it down to the pathfinder, ranger, or atomic and the pathfinder was high on the list but I didn't have the extra funds so I went with the atomic in .177. When I got it the box was HUGE and when I opened it I saw this nice and compact little work of art. It's my incognito setup so with it being so compact from the start I was okay adding a moderator to it as it would still be way shorter than my dreamtac with a moderator at 40". Well tried a few options and was able to get it to the man that sounds broken type of sound I like and so far very happy with it. Just waiting for a range day to try a few other mods with a buddy @ctshooter. I know a sub12 and my case a 10fpe pcp doesn't appeal to everyone but it serves a purpose of not only being my incognito setup but probably one of my most used setups as it's a 30y and under setup. In my old dreamtac I wasn't even getting a pass through on field mice at 25y. I am really enjoying it and so far it's getting right around 39-45 shots in the little tube which is perfect what what I wanted. The fx atomic pellets and crossman hollow points are showing promise.View attachment 380560View attachment 380561View attachment 380562View attachment 380563View attachment 380564
Congrats! to tell you the truth! when i saw it in the box ... i said where the rest of it!? 😅 then i read and see the whole thing and it looks amazing! 👌👍

• Haha
Reactions: SHOMER and L.Leon
I owned an Atomic XR for a brief period. Daystate & BRK are "overbuilt" and I appreciate that.

1692031065842.png

Shot count above 20 FPE is pretty low, but if you plan on shooting it at 10 FPE I bet it'll be awesome. I was able to achieve 30 shots at 18 FPE, which is quite efficient.

1692030996812.png

What does your shot string at 10 FPE look like?

Also, it looks like yours has an FX-like trigger compared to mine, and all other Atomic's I've seen. Care to comment on that?

Thanks for sharing

I owned an Atomic XR for a brief period. Daystate & BRK are "overbuilt" and I appreciate that.

View attachment 380611

Shot count above 20 FPE is pretty low, but if you plan on shooting it at 10 FPE I bet it'll be awesome. I was able to achieve 30 shots at 18 FPE, which is quite efficient.

View attachment 380610

What does your shot string at 10 FPE look like?

Also, it looks like yours has an FX-like trigger compared to mine, and all other Atomic's I've seen. Care to comment on that?

Thanks for sharing
It's how mine came maybe it was a design change with the trigger. My shot string does have a wider spread than I like but at my 30y max it doesn't show off center.

@brawler1588, congratulations on your Atomic, looking forward to hearing more after you’ve run her through her paces.

@Michael, the trigger shoe and post, both adjustable, fore and aft for the post, up/down, straight, or curved to your desired position for the shoe.
Looking forward to putting some time behind it. Going to get a washer and try and dial it in to get it through the hole.

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon
The low FPE can counterintuitively be quiet enticing. You can get a lot done with low power, shots you couldn’t take before? So for me, personally, lower power means more opportunities on pests. Particularly those nasty sparrows, they were too small for my more powerful PCPs. But with the Atomic XR, they are the number one pest target. Please keep your impressions coming. Very happy that you are impressed with your Atomic.

Reactions: baranjhn