My all time favorite

sonny

Mar 11, 2017
Florida
Although I haven't owned every gun out there of the ones I've owned (Impact, leshiy mk2, FX boss, bobcat, and 2 wildcats mk2 and 3, Cricket and Vulcan The one I like most is the Wildcat MK2 in .22. I shoot mostly in my yard out to 70 yards and mostly paper punching. I sometimes dont shoot it for a few days or even weeks but every time I do its never off target/poi. I fill it to 225bar and get right at 40 shots on reg @910+ fps with the 18gr JSBs. At 55-60 yards it groups 1/2 inch time after time day after day shooting session after session. Ammo is relatively inexpensive with 500 pellets per tin so its almost twice as cheep as my .25s and 3x cheaper than my .30 caliber gun. I enjoy all my guns but the one I shoot most is my all time favorite Wildcat MK2 .22 with pp.

1598385974_5770978315f456f36e427d4.68942819.JPG

Hi Sonny, Your description really hits close here.I don't shoot religiously every day either,( like 2day for instance ),I had 2 stop after work for shopping & it's been muggy & hot all day,and it's gonna be the same 2morrow.so I'm resting for now,lol.may be a few days,a week and rarely but SOMETIMES 2. And then there,s Jan & Feb here in Ohio.(pretty much shuts down your out-door recreational activities. I have 4 air-rifles,2 springers and 2 pcp,s. 1 of which is the FX Classic walnut in 22cal. I use to shoot at the dingers and paper bulls-eye at 25/50/65. That got boring with this rifle. Most times I sit back in my patio chair and shoot at the twigs,( ya know ),,The pinky size ones & smaller)) on the trees at the fence line 75yds away. I feel all Quigly DownUnder when I snip 1 off,,lol. The only ammo I need for this rifle are the JSB 18.13 gr pellet. But a few other types or brands have been impressive.

The last big task item I had to do to it was the crankshaft thrust bearing plate at the rear, it’s retaining ears snapped off. No more than .11 to .15 end play front to rear on the crankshaft, and it was at .48. That little bit caused the torque converter to balloon forward.

i had to cherry pick the front of the engine 12” above the radiator just to remove the oil pan, which allowed access to the crankshaft. I not only replaced the broken thrust bearing but figured while I was there to replace all crank bearings along with the piston rod bearings with all factory Cummins parts. 

Had the torque converter rebuilt to 80% stall and since I had the tranny and transfer case off the truck I addressed some leaky seals.

this was all before the doc decided to fuse my spine, of course, as there’s no way I could imagine myself doing that fun stuff anymore. 

My wife keeps suggesting I sell it. I could probably get enough to buy at least 4 vertical Alkin compressors and maybe almost 8 Impacts for it, ha ha, but when I hop in that truck and one quick stab at the pedal and it goes, there isn’t one pcp item that’ll replace that seat of the pants rush. 

It needs a paint job but man it still gets me a few thumbs up from folks on the road and st least one person a week asking if it’s for sale. 

I put in 60 HP variable spray injectors in there and still haven’t gotten to play with them enough.

The body was perfect till a few years ago when the drivers side rear tire let loose on the belt, and folded up the wheel well at 70 mph. Talk about creaming your pants, lol. 

Theres a website/forum dedicated to these classic first gens, the 89-93 model years, called dieseltruckresource.com. All for Cummins trucks only