My .25 Veteran Shorty

does not like .25 Hades. Was shooting the intersecting lines on a scatter burst target and would adjust scope so I was dead on the intersecting line. A couple of shots later it would be half way between the target line and the adjacent line. Sometimes right. Sometimes low. sometimes left etc. Cleaned barrel. No improvement. Had some JSB .25 heavies loaded them up and it was hole in hole at 25. Thought naw that can't be. Went back to the Hades and repeat performance of the erratic shots.

All my rifles have worked fine with any of the JSBs before. Because of that I decided to just stock my locker with the Hades. Now it looks like I'll have to get some of the 'regular' JSBs for the Veteran.

Interesting to me. Thought you might like to hear it as well. Be safe. 

My two cents for wants its worth, 25 Veteran shorty, 25 Prophet B/P. The hades do not like speeds above 810 FPS to 820 FPS, You push them up to the 900 FPS and there every where,,,, I have not got my slow camera working yet but I am sure the Hades are making circles above the 820 FPS mark...... 

Mike

not a .25, but my .22 vixen seems to shoot better groups with the hades at 800 , than my other rifles that are in the 9's & mid 9s. i just thought maybe the vixen was more accurate, but might be the speeds. 

My Veteran .25 compact loves hades out to 60 or 70y. It also loves king heavys but it doesn't like regular kings.At 50y i get under 1/2"groups with hades at around 850 fps.

IMG_20191231_133907.1627649651.jpg

Thanks! Never considered the FPS issue. I'll get the Caldwell out and see what's the speed is. I have a Prophet, FX dreamline tactical compact and a Pulsar (in .22) and all those seem to like the Hades just fine. Maybe compare the speed of those 3 with the Veteran and see if there is a difference. Other variables in the other 3 and probably it's not be a good idea to compare them too seriously.