• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My 1st PCP my Taipan Veteran Long .25 is HERE!

Okay I couldn't wait for the weather to break. Setup the Taipan and did my first shots in my basement. Only 12 yards but WOW! That trigger is light! I tested with 5 shot groups single loading the pellets. The top shots are the first shots after filling the gun to just under 250 bar and I needed to get used to the trigger. The middle was OMG. The last I think I scared myself and slightly pulled one. And I was just using an old pillow for a rest. No bipod or shooting rest. Shots are low as the scope is zeroed for 30 yards. Will adjust when I can get outside. 

This is going to be fun.

B16962E0-D2C2-42A0-9494-904AC2769D34.1612403271.jpeg
C65C7134-E008-451D-BC92-ABA33B516775.1612403271.jpeg

Congrats. It sure is a pretty gun to look at. I think it has the right physical proportions everywhere. And I am partial to the look of the long version too. Everything I've watched and read on the Veteran says that it's a solid performing gun with reliability to boot. I look forward to seeing some of your future posts when you get it out to stretch its legs. My crystal ball tells me "there is one in my not too distant future". When the hell is that next stimulus check getting here?!?!

Congratulations on the Taipan!

I am in the exact same boat 

This will be my first PCP also

I would have already purchased if one of the 3 dealers would answer my emails.

I think you’ll love it. Can’t wait to really test it out further. Seems like all the dealers are backed up. Took me 3 weeks to get mine once I ordered it. But considering I took a couple years to decide on what to get it was cool. 

Wow! Sounds like you’re blazing the trail for a few of us:). Nice thing about the long version, you get a carbine-ish looking gun over a stout bullpup. Accuracy, power, and still compact! I was wanting to save for an Wolverine HP in .30 but the $$ price shoots up almost proportionally to the barrel length. I realized a powerful .25 is less restrictive & still very powerful if the .25 can shoot heavy pellets/slugs fast. Every report I’ve read says poi does not change with the Taipan. Your choice seems a great value- getting what you pay for:)

I’ll be very curious to see what the jsb heavies do at 75 yards and beyond. Love to read any insights on your Taipan. Also how comfortable is your cheek while shooting?? I have zero experience shooting this platform...

Enjoy it to the fullest!!