• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My 1st N50 practice targets...Fun!

This 1st target was shot under ideal conditions (no discernable wind) although I didn't have any wind flags out to help see for certain. The target printed a little too small but probably had minimal effect on this trial run. I scored it with a .350 plug as rules stipulate in pellet rifle (edited) class. Note: This 1st target is NOT GREAT SHOOTING. A 4-year-old shooting for the first time could have replicated it as all I did was put the crosshairs on the bull and pull the trigger. Note the 1st sighter was low because I forgot I had my gun zeroed for 25m. After a quick adjustment the second and last sighter was a bull. I'm more proud of the second target that had a light 3 mph breeze but that was shifiting frequently on me. I fixed the printing so that the practice target is now regulation size, and I used two ribbons (first at 25 ft and the second at 100 ft) to help me judge the wind. Most of the X's on the second target were accomplished by accurately reading the wind and making the correct adjustments (The misses...not so much). FUN!

1st Target.1622744820.png
20210603_094921.1622745064.jpg

I shot the JSB Monsters for both. The holes look bigger in the second target because I printed it on much higher quality paper and took the picture while it was still on the target after each hole was measured with the plug. Thanks again for the sizing plug, by-the-way!

I've been experimenting with swaging slugs, but haven't found one that is quite as accurate as the JSB pellets. I have a new barrel coming in any day now with a faster twist to experiment with, but the slug search is mostly just an excuse to shoot. I'm really very happy with the pellet performance in my gun.