• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Muzzleloader replica

I want to get started on a project that's been in my head for a long time. I want to take a break barrel springer rifle and convert it into a tribute to an antique, Revolutionary war era muzzleloading firearm. The action will have to be restocked and the barrel shrouded with hexagonal tubing. I will pick up a cheap gun at the local pawn shop to begin with.
IMG_20230706_125810336_HDR.jpg

Here's one of my guns. This is the look I have in mind.

I'm still thinking an inexpensive break barrel as a starting point donor. A two piece, hinged stock will be fine. My local pawn shop had a couple of plastic stocked guns, one a Gamo last week for $29, usually cheaper for the asking, probably $20-25. I believe I'll go check.
But I'm now on the hunt for one, or a dozen, of the guns mentioned here!

Reactions: Frogy
1689683562951.png

This gun is a Spanish replica, not branded, only stamped Spain on the barrel. It's a .36 caliber, full stocked, the style commonly called Kentucky rifles. I believe it was produced in the 1960s or early 1970s. I believe it to be unfired.
UPDATE: I have since fired the gun. Shooting off a rest at 28-30 yards, I got a tight group, three in the same hole with two fliers. All in a three inch circle.

Last edited: