• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Muzzle velocity for a Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X GEN3i shooting H&N Baracuda 21.14 gr pellets?

OK... so does anyone know what ammo Gamo uses to attain their claimed 1300 fps muzzle velocity? I'm just curious...
The lightest alloy pellets on the market. H&N makes some 9gr .22 pellets. That being said many people have tested their Gamos with ultra light pellets and never achieved the claimed velocities. That is likely due to them getting a boost from dieseling when tested and when the excess lube wears off velocities settle a bit lower

OK... so does anyone know what ammo Gamo uses to attain their claimed 1300 fps muzzle velocity? I'm just curious...
Gamo’s kind of famous for BS velocity numbers. It’s still a very powerful springer though. If you want to actually get the advertised numbers, use the lightest pellets you can find and then lubricate just the magazine with wd40. That will cause it to diesel a little bit and you’ll get some impressive numbers that are probably just as authentic as Gamos.

I discovered this while trying to get those stupid magazines to feed consistently.

Gamo’s kind of famous for BS velocity numbers. It’s still a very powerful springer though. If you want to actually get the advertised numbers, use the lightest pellets you can find and then lubricate just the magazine with wd40. That will cause it to diesel a little bit and you’ll get some impressive numbers that are probably just as authentic as Gamos.

I discovered this while trying to get those stupid magazines to feed consistently.
Which will tear your gun up, not recommended.

Reactions: beerthief
1379fps here hard air tested ..

1055fps in a non magnum older gun

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews...-pigman-edition-air-rifle-test-review-22-cal/

That gas ram and 33mm piston probly do higher easy in there magnums ..
That was the first break barrel I ever bought, extremely accurate with the barracuda match.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I get some of the objections to the question, but my #1 concern is I don't want to wound the pesky squirrels in the yard... I want to kill 'em. Having some idea what the fpe this rifle generates is worth knowing so that I know I'm humanely dispatching these rodents. I get that accuracy is the more important question.

Thanks for all the input and advice...

I get some of the objections to the question, but my #1 concern is I don't want to wound the pesky squirrels in the yard... I want to kill 'em. Having some idea what the fpe this rifle generates is worth knowing so that I know I'm humanely dispatching these rodents. I get that accuracy is the more important question.

A gun with half that power will easily kill squirrels under 35 yards with a well placed shot. My 700 fps 8 fpe little 177 hw30s have taken more squirrels than any of my stronger guns. Granted all of them were incidental targets of convenience inside 25 yards.
My go to woods squirrel gun is a 177 11 fpe (785 fps) Hw50 with a 4X mildot scope. Very accurate it'll consistently shoot smaller than dime sized groups at 25 yards. Today I was steadily hitting a 1.5 inch spinner at 49 yards and a hanging pill bottle at 74 yards. It's got adequate grey squirrel power to 40 yards. I try to keep it under 35 to be sure. Most of my opportunities are within that anyway.

It's about reliable accuracy. Pellets typically become increasingly unstable after 900 fps anyway. It doesn't matter how fast you push a pellet if you can't hit anything with it. That Gamo has gobs more power than you need for squirrels. Find the lead pellet that prints best and practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sqwirl57

Sometimes you can't help wounding and regardless of the " power" it justice st a thing that happens to the bets of us..

My gamo whisper fusion mach 1 in .22 shooting cphp has no issue whooping and dropping a squirrel. It's my fav squirrel woods bashing thug gun .. stone colded a opossum, coon, snakes, fluffie, crow, ect .. handles them all well.