Mutant Strikes Again

2manyAirGunz

Jul 26, 2018
AL
Taipan Mutant .22 caliber.

Off hand

40 yards

18.1 grain JSB @ 895 fps-----> headshot.

DRT!

1597861822_13354985115f3d6fbe0e7056.48448756.JPG

Good shooting, that rabbit looks eating good.

She does appear to be well-fed!

Can you share a recipe?

My mother and father spent 8 years in Germany and she learned to make Hausenfeffer. I wish I had gotten her recipe, but it was all in her head. Love fresh rabbit, but was always told not to eat them until after the first real cold snap. Probably an old wives tail..... Nice looking carcass regardless!

Can you share a recipe?

My mother and father spent 8 years in Germany and she learned to make Hausenfeffer. I wish I had gotten her recipe, but it was all in her head. Love fresh rabbit, but was always told not to eat them until after the first real cold snap. Probably an old wives tail..... Nice looking carcass regardless!

Indeed an old wives tale. I had this discussion last year when I shot a rabbit before our first frost. My friend told me not to eat it because of a parasite that may live under the skin. He claimed the first frost kills the parasite. Umm, if it lives under the skin, wouldn't it be protected from the cold? And then why does our rabbit season start before the first frost usually arrives?

Can you share a recipe?

Indeed an old wives tale. I had this discussion last year when I shot a rabbit before our first frost. My friend told me not to eat it because of a parasite that may live under the skin. He claimed the first frost kills the parasite. Umm, if it lives under the skin, wouldn't it be protected from the cold? And then why does our rabbit season start before the first frost usually arrives?

Thanks. Where I live we are on 1 acre lots which was country until about 5 years ago. All of our neighbors refer to our area as Rabbit Ranch. I think I have a lot more incentive to thin the herd earlier than the frost! I got here because of squirrels, but I much prefer rabbit!