Music to shoot by?

Seen Rammstein back when I was 19 or so. I was so close to the stage I could feel the heat and blast from the pyrotechnics. It was the year Jerry Ramone died, and they covered Pet Cemetery to pay respects. Sang in English too, Til was so monotone in English it was hard to take seriously!

Damn good show though. The blasts of fire was blowing everyone's hair back, I'm surprised they didn't burn the venue down.

Well i span about as far as you can span, so in general from Vivaldi to Motorhead

Needless to say when it really count, well i throw on some Burly Danish Volbeat and get down to business.
Since i have a Texan living deep down inside of me, i lead with Sad Mans Tongue.

I've been on a Motorhead kick again lately. Such simple yet amazing music.

Reactions: gendoc
Not a big fan, hell even just fan, But still got to keep it real in relation to motorhead.
The classical stuff ( currently working on Opera ) is also some of the least played music i have, but i must of course keep it real.

Also in a pinch i have DNSOs youtybe channel to listen to as sort of a mix tape. at least they are playful on my tax dime, and who like a sour puss.

I first became aware of the Meters as a high schooler in the early 70's, as they would play Cissy Strut during the brief "ROUGH HOUSE" where we would intentionally try to wipe out each other on the rink. Rough House lasted for two spins of Cissy Strut, played very loud over what at the time was a state of the art sound system with Altec Lansing A7 speakers. To me, that is one of the coolest, funkiest, and slickest drum tracks ever recorded - to my ears, the drums are the lead instrument in that cut! Unfortunately when covered by other bands, it is usually slaughtered, as in too hard for most drummers to replicate the hi-hat and kick drum patterns, and the bass & guitar phrase played only half way correctly.
Your evaluation is spot on! Zig's sense of where NOT to put things is overwhelmingly more important than WHERE to put things. True "funkiness" comes from the holes in the rhythm that each player in turn leaves in their pattern. I played second line funk for 30 years & learned from some of the best, most underrated (& virtually unknown to most) drummers & rhythm sections. Listen to Richie Hayward (Little Feat) too, he's another one. Where one doesn't play almost has more impact than where one plays. It allows the rhythm to BREATHE! (Is there a Funk Musician category on AGN? 🤪 )

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveV
Music is nice, its been decades since i compiled my deathbed mix tape,,,,, now i just hope i do not have to use it too soon, and i get fair warning so i can put on my headset and hit play.

It is kinds funny, like HEAVY rock really " aggressive" / fast stuff, it never made me angry or in other ways pumped, its just nice like all music are to me.
Well there are also things i do not handle, like much of Miles Davis Jazz for instance.

never again will they be a band talented enough to compare to Pink Floyd.
i seen them in germany in 1976 during the animals tour and again in london 1980 the wall tour.
but my favorite is from the album...wish you where here.....1975
never got to see them then, but i'm all about that production even today !! 🤘