Music to shoot by?

I largely agree. I tend to think that music might interfere with my trigger squeeze and when I'm shooting I want to be as aware of my environment as possible.

I suppose one could use metal gongs as cymbals though and try to keep in time with the beat.
That's absolutely a problem for me, and one of the reasons I prefer instrumentals and classical. Regardless of the genre, it's much worse if I've chosen tunes with lyrics for that day of shooting! Regardless of what my friends might have to say about my vocal abilities, I almost can't help but sing along with my favorite tunes at home (whether or not I actually have any vocal abilities, I do manage to surprise myself with the huge number of tunes to which I know the lyrics <grin>). Unfortunately, singin' and shootin' just doesn't work: no way to keep my breathing under control, not to mention all the movement, if I'm trying to shoot while trying to sing! :) Nope -- not happening. I have to either shut up and get back in the groove for every shot or choose something else for my listening pleasure. ;-)

Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Santana, J. Geils Band, AC/DC. Most of the albums are around an hour long. When the album is over it is time for a break and switch to another pistol / rifle.
I still LOVE that ol' J. Geils tune from the 70's, Give It To Me. Santana too (and the Stones from the 60's on)! I was a big fan of metal back then too, but for some reason, I stopped (any pop music too -- rock, supposed 'country' or whatever). I KNOW I managed to wear out the jukebox at my hometown bowling alley/poolhall with that great music! :)

Reactions: maxtrouble
When I shoot, I am pesting. So I turn off all extraneous sound/music.

But if you press me for what I like? I have an eclectic interest in music being a musician myself.

Suffice to say I like all "music", but don't include "rap" as music.

Gershwin (Rhapsody in Blue) to Frank Zappa and almost everything in between including some George Jones, Skynyrd, Mozart, Queen, etc.

Good music is eternal. Or at least lasts more than a few generations. Most "music" doesn't make that cut.

Listen to what you like, just don't make me have to listen to it or feel it with your sub-woofers from 1/4 of a mile or more!

All my best!

Kerry

When I shoot, I am pesting. So I turn off all extraneous sound/music.

But if you press me for what I like? I have an eclectic interest in music being a musician myself.

Suffice to say I like all "music", but don't include "rap" as music.

Gershwin (Rhapsody in Blue) to Frank Zappa and almost everything in between including some George Jones, Skynyrd, Mozart, Queen, etc.

Good music is eternal. Or at least lasts more than a few generations. Most "music" doesn't make that cut.

Listen to what you like, just don't make me have to listen to it or feel it with your sub-woofers from 1/4 of a mile or more!

All my best!

Kerry

The Meters! Kings of FUNK! Zigaboo Modeleiste is one of the funkiest drummers ever! Shared the stage with him a couple times. I was surprised to hear your choices. I'll 2nd that!
I first became aware of the Meters as a high schooler in the early 70's, as they would play Cissy Strut during the brief "ROUGH HOUSE" where we would intentionally try to wipe out each other on the rink. Rough House lasted for two spins of Cissy Strut, played very loud over what at the time was a state of the art sound system with Altec Lansing A7 speakers. To me, that is one of the coolest, funkiest, and slickest drum tracks ever recorded - to my ears, the drums are the lead instrument in that cut! Unfortunately when covered by other bands, it is usually slaughtered, as in too hard for most drummers to replicate the hi-hat and kick drum patterns, and the bass & guitar phrase played only half way correctly.

Reactions: Gerry52
Let me see what I got on YTube Music. Oldies like "The Association" "SWEET" Fox on the run, Harry Chapin "Taxi", "Deep Purple, Hush", "Kansas", " Jimmy Stafford, I don't like spiders and snakes", "Simon and Garfield, Sound of Silence", "RUSH", "Crosby Stills and Nash. " Gordon Lightfoot", Then there,s country like "The Judds", Randy Travis, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie, George Jones, Sammy Kershaw,, John Conlee. On & on & on. Do you what the differnce is between the music from back in the day and now? 1 word, "Talent". lol

Reactions: jarmstrong
no,,, no need for external background music when playing with my airguns
no heavy metal for me, at all,,, as it puts me in a foul mood,,, it is useful for going to war,

sub woofers make me want to use them for target practice,,, bass is like salt, a little is good but when someone unscrews the lid and the whole shaker is dumped on my food I get pissed
I like artists,,, not noise makers,,, volume does not = quality
I like classical on a long drive.
now,,, no one has mention Ozark Mountain DareDevils or The Amazing Rhythm Aces or Stealers Wheel
it is the weekend and I have already sent 40 rounds into the neighbors junk iron pile this morning,,, love them old appliances,
I did hear some Sandhill cranes in the distance as I was leading up the iron pile, now that is music to my ears

Jesse Cook, Craig Chaquico, Heart, Satriani, Daughtry, Shadowfax, Mannheim Steamroller.... something is always playing in my shop ... powered by Klipsch...

No rap or screechy metal and very little Country. Forays into other Classical, Flamenco, New Age, or Rock are frequent. Between myself and extended family, we've compiled an enormous library that I draw from... 😃

Bob