Music to shoot by?

Whoa, does that takes me back... Isn't that tune with a name something like "Several Species of Small Furry animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" on Ummagumma? Whatever the actual title and LP, the name of the song was certainly memorable! ;-) In my opinion, their later release "Dark Side Of The Moon" is one of those albums every serious collector should have in their collection.
i remember that ummagumma album, i still have it and i have grooved with them furry animals many/many times
in my early days..... 🤘

Their early stuff (UmmaGumma, Atom Heart Mother) was very experimental & developmental for them both as individuals and as a group. You won't find any commercial successes on those. Weird "acid trip" soundtracks. But man, did they blossom as a whole afterwards. The Brits really started influencing American music at that point (60's) after being influenced & imitating American rock & roll & early blues. They (Brits) certainly had their own unique way & sound. Just about every album/song that came out of America or "across the pond" at that time was experimental in some way. The Beatles were the epitome of it for certain.

I just shoot in silence. My airguns are backyard friendly and no one complains. If I forced my neighbors to listen to Slayer, they might just call the cops...

The Meters! Kings of FUNK! Zigaboo Modeleiste is one of the funkiest drummers ever! Shared the stage with him a couple times. I was surprised to hear your choices. I'll 2nd that!
The Meters! Kings of FUNK! Zigaboo Modeleiste is one of the funkiest drummers ever! Shared the stage with him a couple times. I was surprised to hear your choices. I'll 2nd that!
@Gerry52: When I gotta get down with the funk, one LP I like to spin is that old Herbie Hancock album, Head Hunters, in particular, both of the songs Chameleon and Watermelon Man. Great groundbreaking stuff, considering the date! Or for something a bit more contemporary, how about the bassist with Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (noted for their unique and excellent... I dunno, jazz funk 'grass)? Naturally, I'm talkin' about Victor Wooten. His solo releases might not be p-funk, but many are just about pure funk, at least to me. Unbelievable bass work and a fantastic musician (like everyone else in that band). YO VICTA! :) Anyway, judging by the list of "most played" tracks from 2023 compiled by the Tidal online music service, Bela Fleck & friends seem to accompany me during my shooting sessions on a very regular basis! ;-)

Let me see what I got on YTube Music. Oldies like "The Association" "SWEET" Fox on the run, Harry Chapin "Taxi", "Deep Purple, Hush", "Kansas", " Jimmy Stafford, I don't like spiders and snakes", "Simon and Garfield, Sound of Silence", "RUSH", "Crosby Stills and Nash. " Gordon Lightfoot", Then there,s country like "The Judds", Randy Travis, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie, George Jones, Sammy Kershaw,, John Conlee. On & on & on. Do you what the differnce is between the music from back in the day and now? 1 word, "Talent". lol
When it comes to the Country music greats of yesteryear especially, it might not be so much talent (no shortage of that back when, however) as just plain creativity and originality! Too much of what is considered Country music nowadays seems to be more "pop" than anything else to me. Whatever it was (and still is, in many cases, thank goodness), it's some great music, for those who appreciate it!

I'll have to try blasting that while I hang out my bedroom window and shoot bursts from the Crosman MSW. Maybe set up a villiage of cardboard boxes first.

If I could get a few witnesses it might be enough to qualify me for a disability check.
Try a bag of plastic toy soldiers, and have 'em take cover all over the yard -- excellent from-the-window targets for just plain fun! :)

@Gerry52: When I gotta get down with the funk, one LP I like to spin is that old Herbie Hancock album, Head Hunters, in particular, both of the songs Chameleon and Watermelon Man. Great groundbreaking stuff, considering the date! Or for something a bit more contemporary, how about the bassist with Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (noted for their unique and excellent... I dunno, jazz funk 'grass)? Naturally, I'm talkin' about Victor Wooten. His solo releases might not be p-funk, but many are just about pure funk, at least to me. Unbelievable bass work and a fantastic musician (like everyone else in that band). YO VICTA! :) Anyway, judging by the list of "most played" tracks from 2023 compiled by the Tidal online music service, Bela Fleck & friends seem to accompany me during my shooting sessions on a very regular basis! ;-)
My son took me to a Bela Fleck concert a few years back. One of the best live shows I've seen! Wooten was unreal. Incredible musicianship in that band. Wooten & Futureman are an unbeatable rhythm section. Head Hunters is a must have album for me since it's release, it was/is a very influential album for me. Chameleon has become a classic track that I've probably done with 20 different bands. Musicians love it.

Reactions: bubbapearson
Blues, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and Otis ( I need some air ). Freddy King, Zeppelin 1 & 2, John Lee Hooker and Van Morison, Clapton and Joe Bonamossa. Love guitars. Always have music playing. Crow
'Love great blues guitar work! Everything from super mellow, slow and soulful acoustic blues to the total guitar shredding work of players like Stevie Ray, Eric Clapton, Joe Bonamassa and so many others. Oh yeah, early Fleetwood Mac was pretty much exclusively blues, and I still have a couple of their albums from that period (also a couple from Eric, one with The Yardbirds (Having a Rave Up) & another from Cream (Fresh Cream)), remember... the old, "real" albums you actually can shatter if you hit 'em on something! Yep, been there, done that, unfortunately. ;-) I thought Fleetwood Mac lost a little something when it seemed they were going for a more "pop" sound, but after a buddy gifted me a couple of excellent, very close, middle of the venue seats, I pretty much changed my mind. Whoa -- Lindsey Buckingham turned out to be a technically proficient, creative and quite good lead guitarist, and his vocals weren't at all bad, either! New singer Stevie Nicks had a great stage presence and an unusual, unique voice and everything, but singers that also play (like Christine -- something requiring a bit more skill than the tambourine Ms, Nicks often picked up) impress me far more. Once I decided to give the new band an honest chance, I was impressed.

Some of the very first concerts I attended were blues shows. 'Saw John Lee Hooker underage at the Cellar Door in Georgetown (D.C.) way back in the day, sitting at a table no more than maybe ten feet directly in front of where he chose to sit! Naturally, I BADLY embarrassed myself while he was performing. He was doin' some obviously pretty heavy and very emotionally-loaded song (lyrics along the lines of "nobody loves me but my dear sweet Momma and she could be jivin' too*") and when I noticed a tear on his cheek, I was really moved, enough that I stupidly and much too loudly blurted right out loud something along the lines of "There's a tear running down his face! That man has the BLUES!!!!!"). I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec or anything, it just kinda came up out of nowhere before I even realized it. Much of the joint (The Cellar Door was a fairly small venue) immediately erupted in laughter, but not John Lee: when his genuine, previously sad façade turned into a fairly sharp stink-eye directed RIGHT at me, I was mortified! I felt no more than about two inches tall, and my friends told me I flushed to a practically purple hue. Man oh man... I'm lucky I survived my youth. ;-)

* thanks to B.B. King for the borrowed, paraphrased and emotionally-loaded lyrics

'Love great blues guitar work! Everything from super mellow, slow and soulful acoustic blues to the total guitar shredding work of players like Stevie Ray, Eric Clapton, Joe Bonamassa and so many others. Oh yeah, early Fleetwood Mac was pretty much exclusively blues, and I still have a couple of their albums from that period (also a couple from Eric, one with The Yardbirds (Having a Rave Up) & another from Cream (Fresh Cream)), remember... the old, "real" albums you actually can shatter if you hit 'em on something! Yep, been there, done that, unfortunately. ;-) I thought Fleetwood Mac lost a little something when it seemed they were going for a more "pop" sound, but after a buddy gifted me a couple of excellent, very close, middle of the venue seats, I pretty much changed my mind. Whoa -- Lindsey Buckingham turned out to be a technically proficient, creative and quite good lead guitarist, and his vocals weren't at all bad, either! New singer Stevie Nicks had a great stage presence and an unusual, unique voice and everything, but singers that also play (like Christine -- something requiring a bit more skill than the tambourine Ms, Nicks often picked up) impress me far more. Once I decided to give the new band an honest chance, I was impressed.

Some of the very first concerts I attended were blues shows. 'Saw John Lee Hooker underage at the Cellar Door in Georgetown (D.C.) way back in the day, sitting at a table no more than maybe ten feet directly in front of where he chose to sit! Naturally, I BADLY embarrassed myself while he was performing. He was doin' some obviously pretty heavy and very emotionally-loaded song (lyrics along the lines of "nobody loves me but my dear sweet Momma and she could be jivin' too*") and when I noticed a tear on his cheek, I was really moved, enough that I stupidly and much too loudly blurted right out loud something along the lines of "There's a tear running down his face! That man has the BLUES!!!!!"). I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec or anything, it just kinda came up out of nowhere before I even realized it. Much of the joint (The Cellar Door was a fairly small venue) immediately erupted in laughter, but not John Lee: when his genuine, previously sad façade turned into a fairly sharp stink-eye directed RIGHT at me, I was mortified! I felt no more than about two inches tall, and my friends told me I flushed to a practically purple hue. Man oh man... I'm lucky I survived my youth. ;-)

* thanks to B.B. King for the borrowed, paraphrased and emotionally-loaded lyrics
You will never forget that oneLove that line. That’s awesome. I’m hooked on Freddy King (Help me through the day) what a voice and guitar and piano. Also Texas Cannonball album. Loved John Lee. Saw him few times once with Creedence Clearwater. I liked him with Van Morrison.
First band ever saw, Small Faces with Rod Stewart, Ron Wood and Mick Taylor opened for Canned Heat. Small Faces were incredible. Nice break-in.
Guitar? Woke up Dreaming, Joe Bonamassa. Hope I’m alive in 20 years to hear him then.
Used to live closer to Toronto, went to a lot of blues shows. Concerts, Festival Express 1970 with The Band, Buddy Guy, Grateful Dead, Ten Years After, Janis Joplin, and many others. There’s a movie of it.
Strawberry Fields at Mosport Park (a race track) 3 days Grand Funk, Jethro Tull, Mountain, many others.
Went to see Lonnie Mack (Steve Ray’s idol) at an arena near my home. There weren’t 50 people there. He came out and said “If you guys want any more of these shows, next time bring your friends. Bring your chairs up close, we’re gonna get personal. “ Unbelievable show!
I used to drive to Chicago, 10-11 hr. drive and catch several bands in 3 days. Lucky to make it back!
I always have the Blues playing. Crow
PS. In 1998 my daughter gave me a birthday party. Rented a hall. I got Magic Slim and the Teardrops come down from Chicago to play. What a blast. Played til 2;30 am.

Reactions: Arzrover
Would ZZ top be appropriate?
Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings, Blue Jean Blues, Waitin For The Bus, Jesus Just Left Chicago ... oh yeah... they're appropriate...

Gary Hoey , Deja Blues ... oh yeah...

Joe Bonamassa ..oh yeah...

I've been to countless rock concerts ... too many to list... starting with Doobie Brothers, then ZZ Top in 1970 and Led Zep in 1971. Many were incredibly good... a few were incredibly bad. In memory... my top 3 are REO Speedwagon for the Ridin The Storm Out tour, Led Zeppelin for the #3 and intro to #4 tour and Basia. Now the last one was a HUGE surprise, as we were convinced to go by a friend and had no idea who she was. Saw her in the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix. It's a rotating stage in a round building that seats 2000 from what I understand. She used no electronics (no mic or amps) and had a small acoustic band to accompany and ROCKED the place ! Such power in such a smooth voice with incredible range... it is Samba based music and of course... makes you wanna boogie... REO opened for Edgar Winter Group and was just phenomenal... The sound system probably was a good part of it because it was far and away the best I've heard ... ever ... not stupid loud but enough plus the clarity and low noise were just truly exceptional...

My hobby before airguns was audio ... it's easy to appreciate the good stuff and good performances...

Like I mentioned, there's always music going in my shop... SO many incredible artists...

Nice memories...
Bob