• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Multiples of the same rifles

I've multiple rifles of a given platform, Huben K1s, one in .177, .22 and .25. They all have the same accessories, scope, rings, moderator, throw lever, parallax wheel, level, loading gate and adjustable butstocks. My reasoning is familiarity, controls are all the same place, are in the same location. I only have to deal with the intricacies of one platform. I think the Hubens the way to go, my opinion.

I'm enjoying my redwolf in 177 so much that I might get one in 22 or 25. I may also get a wolverine as a backup to it since it's my field target rifle and I want the same feel.

It's a little more expensive but I like having a dedicated rifle for a given use vs switching barells re zeroing etc.

Last edited:
For 30 years I had one airgun for plinking, pesting and hunting, a FWB 124.

Retired now and I'm able to indulge in my life-long passion for airguns so I'm exploring different disciplines and have a variety of airguns to suit.

Mostly PCPs but springers, muli-pump and single-stroke-pneumatics are present as well. At last count there's 25 in the gun cabinets and one last one (this is the forth "last one" 😉) - an Avenge-X on order. There's a 128 yard shooting range in the backyard so they all get a lot of use.

Only one "duplicate", my HW100. Wanted a .22 but only .177 was available so I got that. A year later a .22 was finally available, grabbed one and kept the .177. The Weihrauch HW100 is a great airgun. Well designed and built - a solid performer!

My collection of .22 caliber, 30 fpe PCPs is closest I come to having duplicates. Different brands but they are all in the same "general shooter" niche as plinking, pesting and hunting PCPs.

If (heaven forbid) I had to chose one airgun I'd be back to my favorite walkabout airgun, the FWB 124.

Cheers!

Thought process of duplicates.....

I have two FWB300 variants. One with peep sights and one with a 4x fixed power scope. Sometimes irons are fun for 10m fun and sometimes the scope is fun.

Three Taipan Vets. A Short in .20, usually @ 19.5fpe. A Standard in .177, also at about 19fpe, and a Long in .22, usually in the 45-50fpe realm. The two at just shy of 20fpe are field target guns, mostly used by my two sons, although I enjoy them as well. The intent for the Long was Xtreme Field Target, and generally reaching out to 100+yards.

Considering that those five airguns (but only two platforms) represent more than half of my personal airgun collection.....well lets just say that indicates how I feel about those two platforms. Solid, dependable, tough, consistent, simple, solid/quality barrels, robust barrel-fixing methods, superb triggers, and easy to work on, etc etc, etc.

To summarize, it takes a pretty impressive platform for me to own more than one of it, and owning more than one of it means I can use each for various intended uses. Or in the case of the two 19ish fpe Vets, me and both my sons can all shoot at the same time.

Last edited:
There are several examples of duplicate rifles or pistols in my collection. All were acquired because they have features or characteristics that I like, but many times I run into deals that I simply can't pass up. It might be an R7 in perfect condition found for $140 in a pawn shop, a Diana 6M for $125 at a gun show, or even one of the most recent sales by Bullet Central where they discounted VERY heavily many of the products by FX that never go on sale. I already have a couple of FX Impacts set up in different calibers, but who amongst us can easily walk away from a brand new FX Impact Mk3 for less than $1600 shipped? I couldn't.

I have 3 American Air Arms Evol platforms. Evol Tac 30 with 18" barrel, Paradigm .22, and Evol Mini 22. That's how much I like the platform. They're in the process of releasing some newer updated models and some different reiterations of one of their guns. I'll most likely be getting those as well.

20230517_173734.jpg

20231108_165905.jpg

20220910_103227.jpg

I have 3 American Air Arms Evol platforms. Evol Tac 30 with 18" barrel, Paradigm .22, and Evol Mini 22. That's how much I like the platform. They're in the process of releasing some newer updated models and some different reiterations of one of their guns. I'll most likely be getting those as well.

View attachment 404219
View attachment 404223
View attachment 404224
The paradigm is a sharp looking rifle. I do hope to try one sometime. All you hear is great feedback about them and loyalty from their owners.

Reactions: Peskådot671
We have multiples in the same STYLE ... just because we like them... 10 M, FT, EFT, hunting, benchrest, light plinkers...
We only have 4 that are multiples of the same airguns, though... Red Wolf, Sharp Ace Target, Crosman 1377/1322, and Sheridans. I like the Sharp and Sheridan for their simplicity and robustness, the 1377 to tinker with and for my nieces to plink with, and the Red Wolfs are typically set up in different calibers for some kind of plinking or testing...
I've had hundreds over the years and many times had multiples but these are the only remaining ones.
Bob

As someone who has only owned two proper air weapons (I’m not counting the weird pistol I had as a kid), I’m intrigued particularly by the number of posts I see saying I’ve had 6 or 7 of such and such a rifle. Whether that be a Pulsar, a Red Wolf, a Rapid etc.

I get wanting more air rifles, I’m here aren’t I? I just don’t think I’d go and buy 5 more Rapids.

Obviously it’s different strokes for different folks, I’m just interested in the thought process.
After owning way too many airguns i am settling on the ONE platform that fits my body and shooting style best. Hint - it may not be an electronic gizmo that i can change calibers quickly. That said if i want to shoot HFT, and EFT, and slam a rabid racoon i might need three of the best fitting "same airgun"

As someone who has only owned two proper air weapons (I’m not counting the weird pistol I had as a kid), I’m intrigued particularly by the number of posts I see saying I’ve had 6 or 7 of such and such a rifle. Whether that be a Pulsar, a Red Wolf, a Rapid etc.

I get wanting more air rifles, I’m here aren’t I? I just don’t think I’d go and buy 5 more Rapids.

Obviously it’s different strokes for different folks, I’m just interested in the thought process.
I've been airgunning relatively seriously since I was a kid. For example, my dad started me in 1962 with a Daisy, Winchester replica, lever gun, and the Daisy sixgun with a holster. I bought several Daisy replicas, as well as old standards as the years went by.

In 1971 or so I got a taste of pneumatics when I aquired a Benjamin on loan. I returned the Benji, and purchased a Sheridan Bluestreak in 72. That gun made such an impression, that I used it from then until now.

Owning more Sheridans was kind of an accident when one popped up on the Facebook marketplace. Since then I've bought two, only guessing at their ages until I opened the boxes. So I bought a 1955, out of Oklahoma, and a 1965 out of N Carolina, giving me a total of four vintage Sheridans