• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Multiple Impact Barrels: POI differences between them

It is very hard to align different barrels in the same gun.
Barrels are just about never machined in such a way that the poi is about the same.
I machined a .25 cal barrel for my impact, and the poi between the .25 and .30 barrel is only a couple of clicks away. I guess I'm just lucky :)
Record the poi shift like you did, and work from there. The grouping is way more important anyway, just dial in the difference and let it rip :)

"sniperlabyo"I would chuck the center of barrel on a lathe and dial it in -- if You can, you can further trouble shoot if not you can't. 

When I get a batch of barrels i spin then all and grade Mark 1-5, one deing the straightest
That sounds like the next thing in line to do at this point. Thank you.
Have you heard or run across many barrels that far off?

I'm assuming my buddy with a lathe will know what you mean by "dialing it in", but if it's not too whacked, what ideas did you have in mind for troubleshooting?

I just received the barrel kit 2 days ago from AOA, it's absolutely a candidate for an exchange. I just wanted to pass this issue by you guys to see how common it is. 

"LeadFinger"
"sniperlabyo"I would chuck the center of barrel on a lathe and dial it in -- if You can, you can further trouble shoot if not you can't. 

When I get a batch of barrels i spin then all and grade Mark 1-5, one deing the straightest
That sounds like the next thing in line to do at this point. Thank you.
Have you heard or run across many barrels that far off?

I'm assuming my buddy with a lathe will know what you mean by "dialing it in", but if it's not too whacked, what ideas did you have in mind for troubleshooting?

I just received the barrel kit 2 days ago from AOA, it's absolutely a candidate for an exchange. I just wanted to pass this issue by you guys to see how common it is.
Keep us posted! I've got a barrel kit coming this week and now I'm nervous. ;-)