Multiple BB shot from pneumatic

Anyone ever stack multiple BBS in the barrel of a pneumatic in order to fire a spread more like a shotgun. I’ve done a little searching to see if anyone’s ever done this and I haven’t seen anyone mention it anywhere. I started doing this when I was a kid and we ended up using it for pest control later in life. It is quite effective.

When chambering a bb, you just hold the bb in the barrel with your thumb then rack the bolt again until you have 5 bbs chambered. Then don’t point the barrel down, because the magnet will only hold two. When you fire it’s like an air powered shotgun. 

Anyone else ever tried this?

Yeah nice way to ruin your barrel. These pcp are not cheap bb guns. Steel bbs against the rifling, it will mess it up good.

Not an issue if it's a bb gun. Never loaded more than 3 but yeah, other than the poa spread it was fun.

The 880's my friends and I had as kids held fire crackers very nicely in the muzzle endcap.... with a reverse loaded pellet (and a willing buddy) we could light the firecracker and shoot it maybe 25y... we were not safe shooters as kids....

Yeah nice way to ruin your barrel. These pcp are not cheap bb guns. Steel bbs against the rifling, it will mess it up good.

He said pneumatic, not PCP. He referred to a magnet that hold the BB in place. Magnets don't work on lead, so I imagine he actually is shooting a BB gun. I don't know if it's cheap or not, like you implied. I don't think the cost matters, if it's a BB gun made to shoot BBs. Maybe a request for more information about what he's using before passing judgement? Brando just joined AGN today. Seems like we'd be better off encouraging new members and helping them learn more about this hobby. But hey, that's just me. 

James

Brando!

Welcome to Airgun Nation! As a kid, my brother and I use to do the same thing with a pump BB gun at my grandpa's farm. We'd shoot the carpenter bees that were boring holes in the barns. Grandpa didn't mind, as long as we were killing the bees. I'm ashamed to admit it, but when we didn't have BBs, we'd actually drop several pellets of nitrogen fertilizer down the barrel to achieve the same effect. We didn't know any better. Good times as a kid, even if we were stuck on stupid sometimes!

James

He said pneumatic, not PCP. He referred to a magnet that hold the BB in place. Magnets don't work on lead, so I imagine he actually is shooting a BB gun. I don't know if it's cheap or not, like you implied. I don't think the cost matters, if it's a BB gun made to shoot BBs. Maybe a request for more information about what he's using before passing judgement? Brando just joined AGN today. Seems like we'd be better off encouraging new members and helping them learn more about this hobby. But hey, that's just me. 

James

+1

I also did this when I was a kid, with an old Pumpmaster 760. I recall shooting 2 or 3 steel BB's at a time. The velocity was slow enough that you could actually watch the spread grow with range.

PT

James

Yes he did said pneumatic. You do know PCP stands for pre charged pneumatic right? There are also multi pump pneumatic and single pump too. All are pneumatic. I said cheap as in expensive guns such as crosman and Daisy airgun that are $20-60. Cost does matter. I would shoot bbs from those cheap guns. But I would never shoot steel bbs in a daystate, fx rifle, brocock, etc. It would ruin the rifle and make your gun shoot like poop. I'm just warning people from trying to shoot bbs from their guns cause it will damage it. If they shooting from cheap inexpensive guns then go ahead cause those guns aren't really accurate to start out.