• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Multi-use moderator?

I’d like to buy a moderator that I could use for both my 22s (Notos and Sig Virtus)and my 25 DAR. I already have the adapter for the Sig, which is the loudest of the three. I’d like to keep it medium size at most, both in diameter and length as well as weight. I understand this means modest noise reduction as well. Prefer to keep price down too lol. Looks like DonnyFL is out to lunch for a while, and I am not at all familiar with the genre so I thought I’d cut to the chase. What do you recommend please? As an aside, why do we say moderator instead of suppressor or silencer? Seems there is a taboo or something. Thanks

I have the Falx it is an awesome Silencer !

Screenshot_20230804_105210_Chrome.jpg

The airgun community has a history of censoring speech in that regard. The term silencer fell out of use in the community during that time.

That always chapped my ass but eventually I concluded that I actually prefer the term moderator because it more accurately describes the function of the device.

OH LOOK! A dislike... :eek::ROFLMAO:👇

Last edited:

Get a .25 call it a day.
Have 2 of these. Actually works better on my Benjamin Cayden than my Donny FL. Doesn’t look as nice but works great.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Have 2 of these. Actually works better on my Benjamin Cayden than my Donny FL. Doesn’t look as nice but works great.
Same! Got for Avenger and for Crosman 1077. Insane how well it works especially for the money.

Plus to OPs second point the way I see it if anything ever happens with certain alphabet dudes it'd be real easy to excuse Buck Rail products since it's plastic vs Donny or others being metal. Would explode on PB. Lol