• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mueller 40×56 Side Focus Target Dot...?

I have two of them and for the money I don’t think they can be beat.

they will focus below the 20 yards but not by much

I use them for 25 and 50 yard bench rest in the back yard.

The image is very bright for a high power cheap scope. But it is not a Sightron.

I think you will be happy with it for the price. MM

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere the turrets seemed spongy, have you noticed that? 

Yes they are a little spongy but I just set it and leave them be until the need adjusted because of temperature or a bump. No clicking with a cheap scope.

I do my clicking on my Sightron Siii at 4 to 5x the cost.

There is an article on AGN in optics section about resetting the minimum parallax on scopes but I have not needed to do it yet on any of my scopes yet. Hope this helps. MM

For sure a Knowing scope guy can get a way better scope buying used...I will say some of the better used scopes can still cost a pretty penny;think about this,say your budget is $300 to $400....you can get a pretty good new scope for that....still would be lucky to get a used class B scope for that ,but you can....in more of a hurry,a Bushnell Elite some Sightrons,Nikons ,Vortex and other can be....

The closer the range you are shooting the more you can get by with "cheaper"scopes...and the Big one is the Age of your eyes,older they are the better the scope you need...Give me light...That my friends is the truth...going back too many decades when I thought a funky peep sight was great only to find out my friends with their Marlin .22s with that installed scope......

You know what,the real truth is we try to emulate what we think is going to work...crazy thing is there were shooters years ago that could outshoot....screw it I went back too far......mushy ,spongy,no clicks,fixed power,little tubed cranky sob....too close to home for me...

Cyclops did a review on one and it was not good. The Athlon Argos BTR 10-40x56, 15yd focus and 0 stop looks like a better choice.

Too damm funny you said that.

I cancelled the Muller order and grabbed the Athlon yesterday. Surprisingly, Optics Planet was quick to respond and issue credit. And not an April fools either.