Much too big for my Atomic XR…

Very cool, my wife would try to feed it. Looked pretty young and stupid like I once was. :oops:

For those saying it needs a lesson, what would you teach it and how? I can see a respect or danger of humans to keep the bear and you safe but beyond that???

For me it was always dogs. Growing up in bear country, my parents had poodles. Small ones, fantastic bear dogs.

They would have treed that one in an instant. Leave them to bark for the afternoon. If the bear tries to come down, bang on the tree with a board or big stick. Basic harassment keeping it in the tree. Once deemed long enough, everybody inside. And the bear will eventually come down.

I have seen this work first hand several times on “Learners.”

If it was a big boar likely would not tree and just run. But if the dogs are rookies, they will chase too close which may cause the bear to stop and stand his ground. Dogs learn fast, or you have to get a new dog.

But, where we were, a firearm was always ready in case things went bad.

Thankfully we never had a mama with cubs come through. That would have been everyone inside. If the dog s don’t listen, likely will need a new dog.

Those little poodles were expert bear dogs after a couple years.

Reminds me the question “what size gun do you need for bear? “. “Any”. Lots of bears are killed with a .22. A bunch of years ago we were up at a princess lodge up in Alaska wife and I went down on a little trail wide-open outside of the lodge as we were coming back I saw some poop when I got back up to the lodge, I realized “oh poop that’s bear scat”, and it was fresh.

This is what wildlife wardens carry in brown bear country.

IMG_0320.jpeg