Mtc viper pro

Anyone have this scope? Can't find any review on it beside Ted holdover. Idc about using it for ballistic, MOA and such. I'm more into old school. Set up targets at different range. Example 30 yard, 50 yard, 70 yard 100 yard. Shoot and Mark on tape for each range. Then when see a animal I need to shoot. I use my range finder to see how far it is, turn to whatever yard the animal is at and Bam, hit him. Is it really that simple? Sounds too good to be true. If it works like that, it would be a awesome scope. No more guessing holdover. Just dial to whatever yard you shoot and you are spot on. Still holdover for wind of course. 

I’ve been tempted by that scope but I haven’t made the leap. You essentially can do the same thing with any scope. Sight in at your various distances and make up a card which relates numbers on the scope terret to yards.

The ATN x sight 4 pro can be paired with their new rangefinder.

Lots of ways to skin a pigeon.

Hope to do some shooting tomorrow. Supposed to be 68 tomorrow question will be the wind. 

Julez, my buddy Mike (Centercut) showed me how to set up Strelock so it is very accurate. Perhaps he can tell us how he got it really right on the nose. After we ran multiple distance checks we verified it with another shooters Labradar just to be sure. It is not difficult once you understand the changes in BC at distance. He will probably read this and pipe in.

After setting up strelock then just print your results and away you go.

Do you also set out targets at different ranges Bob, when making such tape? Or do u use strelok and and start clicking and marking according to those calculations?

Julez,

I'm going to make a video on this soon. You only need to do this once.

What I do is, after zeroing the rifle at 30yds, put a target at 100yds. Have Strelok calculate the hold over (or amount of clicks if you dial), and shoot the 100yd target.

Let's say Strelok told me I needed to use 4 mils elevation but in actuality I only needed 3.2 mils. So you go into the trajectory validation tab of Strelok and enter the amount of actual elevation. 

Being I know my actual velocity from the Chronograph, I'll choose for Strelok to adjust the BC. When you click calculate, Strelok will give you a new BC based upon the actual amount of elevation used.

When you choose to use the new BC, Strelok will have adjusted the tables and you can then use those values to make your turret tape.

This simple method works perfectly for me. For instance, I range a bird at 50yds. I dial the turret to 50 and put crosshairs on it and down he goes. Then I range a bird at 130yds, dial the turret to 130 and put crosshairs on it and down he goes.

When I go out on a different day and let's say there's a 20 degree temperature difference. I'll update the weather in Strelok and then bring up the table and make new tape.....takes 10 minutes.

:)

1552597950_453811565c8ac3be6dfca9.59996403_IMG_20190222_081337_602.jpg

Reactions: Swami
Do you also set out targets at different ranges Bob, when making such tape? Or do u use strelok and and start clicking and marking according to those calculations?

Julez,

I'm going to make a video on this soon. You only need to do this once.

What I do is, after zeroing the rifle at 30yds, put a target at 100yds. Have Strelok calculate the hold over (or amount of clicks if you dial), and shoot the 100yd target.

Let's say Strelok told me I needed to use 4 mils elevation but in actuality I only needed 3.2 mils. So you go into the trajectory validation tab of Strelok and enter the amount of actual elevation. 

Being I know my actual velocity from the Chronograph, I'll choose for Strelok to adjust the BC. When you click calculate, Strelok will give you a new BC based upon the actual amount of elevation used.

When you choose to use the new BC, Strelok will have adjusted the tables and you can then use those values to make your turret tape.

This simple method works perfectly for me. For instance, I range a bird at 50yds. I dial the turret to 50 and put crosshairs on it and down he goes. Then I range a bird at 130yds, dial the turret to 130 and put crosshairs on it and down he goes.

When I go out on a different day and let's say there's a 20 degree temperature difference. I'll update the weather in Strelok and then bring up the table and make new tape.....takes 10 minutes.

:)

1552597950_453811565c8ac3be6dfca9.59996403_IMG_20190222_081337_602.jpg

Next time, write on the tape before you mount it... : )