• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

MTC Rapier Ballistic Rangefinder Problems

Hope this is posted in the right location. I just got a new MTC Rapier Ballistic Laser Range Finder. The problem is the free ballistic app, I down loaded to my phone will not pair up with my iphone via Bluetooth to the rangefinder. So no data will go from the rangefinder to the app on my iphone as advertised. Not sure if it's my lack of technical skills, the vage owners manual or a hardware issue with the range finder or my phone. I have paired several Bluetooth devices to my phone to check that it is working correctly and the phone pairs and finds the different devices.. The app gives me a searching message and my phone never sees the MTC hardware. I can enter the range manually into the app software and it will calculate the ballistic data and send a verbal message to my Bluetooth enabled hearing aids. Which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole set up of being automatic ballistic data on your phone or ear speaker. Has anyone else had these issues and how did you correct them? Any and all comments appreciated... I will say the ranger finder is very accurate and easy to use but the package as a whole does not work as it is right now. Help...

All's I can suggest if the dealer you purchased it from is local to you then I would have the dealer pair it for you for example me? Personally I'm a rather techno idiot and whenever I buy a new car I always have to have the dealer link my phone to the car. One time where I lived was just too far from the BMW dealer so I had my local wireless CELL PHONE CARRIER ASSOCIATE do it for me who R2D2'd the phone to my car. Yo!

had the same problem, but was resolved quickly - the problem was that I was trying to do usual for bluetooth pairing: going through mobile phone settings - selecting network, etc. 

But this app hooks up to the RF monocular without the need going through settings stage, pairing through settings actually stopped app working. 

Since then works well, hooks up in split second from opening the app.

your assumption is correct, the distance is automatically transferred from RF into the app, no need to enter this manually.

These are pictures I've just taken to illustrates how it works on mine (pictures are in reversed order)

1) start the application

2) switch on RF monocular, making sure that the BLE is ON (mode button on the rangefinder)

3) on the app you will see 3 buttons appearing - press "connect" and the icon becomes red (you are connected)

4) measure distance and it all automatically displayed on the screen and vocalized via eyepiece (RF monocular measured 20 y)

1590148705_15805361105ec7be619805d2.92249305.jpeg
1590148706_8581748635ec7be62cf26f2.64736606.jpeg
1590148708_14076875555ec7be6435f7a9.60199584.jpeg
1590148709_19084373495ec7be65345fb3.21175158.jpeg

Thank you so much Mballistics! I did finally figure this all out last night and your photo's make it all very clear. They would be a great addition to MTC's owners manual. Now that everything has clicked I feel like a real dumb ass.... That being said this MTC Rapier Ballistic range finder is a great system and a bargain for what you pay for it. Like someone said "it's a bit fiddly" to set up but worth taking the time to figure it out.

Leaving next week for my annual 14 day prairie dog shoot in western Kansas and Colorado and this MTC system will not be a good thing for a long life for several prairie dogs. I do appreciate everyone's input. What a great source of information this sight is. Also the folks at MTC were very helpful to this "old guy".....

1Oldguy2