MTC Optics Viper Connect SL 3-12x32 vs Vector Veyron IR 4-16x44

Sweet little Brocock!
That's a bit of a conundrum. For low light, you want a large front objective. Compact scopes tend to have short eye relief as well.

Honestly for close to medium range in low light.... that's compact, I wouldn't recommend a scope. I've been using a riton 2moa red dot (very small red dot) the brightness can adjust super dim, too. I can easily shoot it in almost no light at all. I do a lot of plinking, so sometimes I pop outside and take some shots. On a very dark night, if the target is just barely catching some light and reflecting it back, I can hit it out to 40 yards at farthest I've tried with this gun. Much farther it's hard to see at night. And really pushing the limits of this little gun, too. (620ish fps)

View attachment 209869

Now, if you HAVE to have magnification, you're going to have to compromise size and weight most likely and just get something with a large front objective.
For some reason my latest post was a no show. Just wanted to comment on that sweet Brocock. Now there is a gem that never comes up for sale.

ittle

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Sweet little Brocock!

For some reason my latest post was a no show. Just wanted to comment on that sweet Brocock. Now there is a gem that never comes up for sale.

ittle
Thanks, man. I don't think I've seen another one like it up for sale since I got it. Originally came as this. Just got a contour s6 stock I managed to find, and 3d printed trigger blade and guard on it. :cool: (y)

DSCF5943_edited.jpg

It is a 6-24 and heavier than you want but I am impressed with the quality of the glass in my Athlon Talos. They offer a 3-12 which is lighter and smaller, and a 4-16. I usually hunt at 6X, I cannot imagine using 16X. Even a 3-9 seems like enough to me for a hunting gun. I have a 2-7 on my Prod and for hunting it's fine. For targets I could use more magnification.

Reactions: bf1956