MTC Optics Mamba UltraLite 3-10x40 Side Focus Scope

Interesting scope. If you get it with the 10y side parallax.

Very light. Just not very short.

FoV is given meters(!) at the range of 1,000(!) meters. Don't know what they were thinking.... 🙄 —> Converting this correctly(?) results in not even 25ft FoV at 100y at 3x — most 3x scopes have at least 30ft. A 25ft FoV is typical of 5x magnification.....

For my dying eyes I love the built-in magnifying glass!

❓ From actual owners I would like to know it the turrets are indeed in MIL — because the photos at the mfctrc's website show MOA turrets, and the specs say MIL, and the description says MOA...

I wish the turrets were NOT capped....

For $100 less than the MTC I'd recommend instead the Discovery VT-3 3-12x44, either SFP or FFP. Clear glass. No IR. 15" short! 18.4oz light. 

Matthias

Is hard to say if its worth $300, it may be a bit overpriced. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it.

For me it fit what i was looking for to be paired up with my HW50 Hunter. Basically a smaller scope with 1" tube, 40mmm lens, side parallax, ir and integrated lens caps are nice. I really like the SCB2 reticle, so far has held up to my HW50 and the turrets seem repeatable and track well enough for light hunting use. Over all I like the scope and it fits well with the rifle without making it feel to unwieldy or top heavy. 

I would say that if part of your reason for choosing this scope is its ir reticle then I suggest looking elsewhere, their implementation of the battery and button means every time you press the button it can cause the battery to loose its electrical connect which of course causes the ir to behave erratically. There is a way to improve it but its something you would have to deal with when you are not anticipating the need to. If ir is not what you are after then no worries.

*Edit*

In case you havent seen it the Airgun Advisor put a couple video reviews here. I imagine there are others out there.

https://youtu.be/cFEwKi62aKw

https://youtu.be/6C3LF6QslPs