MTC Copperhead or Hawke Airmax 30 WA SF

The MTC only has a one year warranty. Some thing to consider before buying.

European scopes and glass better than Chinese scopes and glass.

They are currently 16% off with discount code so $386 at the sale price. The next level up in quality compared to the Chinese made scopes mentioned.

They also made scopes for Zeiss and glass is comparable to Leupold VX3.

Absolutely nothing will compare to this one in its price range.

A friend has a $1500 Element Nexus made in Japan and $850 Chinese Athlon Ares compared side by side and said the Meopta was nicer for his eyes that cost alot less.

He stated it was really close in comparison to his $1100 Zeiss V4 4-16x50.

https://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-optika-5-4-20-50-1032581.html

If you rather save money for a better than average Chinese scope worth more 3x than its selling price here's a $489 Hawke Side Winder 30 6.5-20x42 alternative for $165 shipped under a different brand label. You can see the huge mark up difference in the brand labels.

Choose the option with the $4.99 shipping if you want the cheapest price delivered.

HK 6.5-20x42 SAL Rifle Scope with Red/Green Illuminated MOA Reticle, Riflescope w/ Side Parallax Adjustment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LLSJK8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_EJWCTGM2Y7DG7FFA898A

They are currently 16% off with discount code so $386 at the sale price. The next level up in quality compared to the Chinese made scopes mentioned.

Are you saying that MTC makes Zeiss scopes? Also what can you purchase for $386 on sale and where. 

I'm really looking for a compact scope. I have been looking at the Sniper line in a 4-16 scope. Is that decent?

The MTC I bought was at the time the most pricey scope I ever ponied up for. It is also by far the most disappointing. It's like split personalities. I love the features and ergonomics, the flip up caps, etc. But where it counts, no way. The glass is crap. It's like looking through a screen door. I thought I had a lemon, then I read many other posts with the same basic opinion. Looks great until you look THROUGH it. My Hawke is Waaay better, but so are the Cabela's Covenant scopes I paid 1/4-1/3 the price for. MTC is at the very bottom of my list.

Are you saying that MTC makes Zeiss scopes? Also what can you purchase for $386 on sale and where. 

I'm really looking for a compact scope. I have been looking at the Sniper line in a 4-16 scope. Is that decent?

I don;t want to put words in anyone's mouth, or answer for them, but I think he is saying that Meopta made scopes for Zeiss. I've heard this as well. Meopta are the best scopes I have had the privilege to own thus far. I think one of the best bang for buck scopes optically is the Optika5 4-20x. If you want SFP, it's amazing.

It is normal for older MTC to have less than stellar glass compared to other similar priced as well as much cheaper brands.

Good news atleast the new $426 to $479 MTC Copper heads glass just might be as good as the much cheaper Vector Veyron labeled versions. They even got similar warranties too.

Want way cheaper Hawke alternatives labeled under different brand name for less than 2/3 the Hawke brand label price go read my other posts.

There are many other rebranded scopes selling much much cheaper than the expensive brands practically the same scope coming out of the same factory in China some with different turrets and reticles. Some with better reticles for alot less cost.

Pretty sure there is a line mentioning the meopta meopro optika 5 or 6 scopes missing there. As has been said, the older gen Zeiss conquest scopes were made by Meopta. 

I agree with the others here - meopta scopes crush most others in their price range for glass and mechanics.