• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

MTC Atom Side Focus

The last three days was first I got a chance to really see how the swat would do real world squirrel hunting. I found I was adjusting the parallax side focus between some shots. You know a squirrel will be 20 yards then next 60. This Atom snaps in and will be great for range finding if needed. However while hunting I was kind of searching for the SF knob. I just went out in the shed and went through my junk box and found this cheap 3d printed 30 mm scope level. It fits on the knob, though screw could be a tad longer. It clears the battery compartment, with no interference. Works great, just tried it , I can easily find it while aiming and makes for fast focusing on target. Something more fancy could be made but think this is going to work for my needs. Now anxious to get it into the woods and see how it is works. Happy Shooting. 

20200916_191310_resized_1 2.1600298991.jpg

I have one on the way to me, i will try to make small wheel when it arrives.

I prefer SCB2 reticle but that is available only on 12x50 version, too big for me.

Are you happy with the reticle on the Atom?

yes. it is kind of thick, but for my old eyes, that is good. great hunting ret, probably not so much for precision target. I only hunt so great. The illumination is also daylight bight which helps me. 

I just put yardage markings on it. while I will not be shooting any past 60 yards, from 50-80 the adjustment is so close, your barely move it. Even 10-50 is fairly close. For a more serious shooter, you might need a bigger wheel. My setup now is perfect for tree squirrels. 

20200917_144855_resized.1600370251.jpg

it is now much cheaper than in 90th ! The program tells me that to print a single ring resin cost me $1.80 ! (the printer SLA LCD - $200). I also found that the 12x50 size fits some other scopes - definitely perfect fit for Hawke Airmax 30. Still to put distance stickers.

3D .STL files attached, please feel free to print.

download.png
View attachment atom.1600634340.STL

download.png
View attachment 12x50.1600634353.STL

airmax_30.1600634378.jpg

swat12x50.1600634458.jpg

atom10x30.1600634486.jpg

And the picture below to show what happens when my wife decided to unplug an extension cable that was going somewhere in a shed just to plug her hairdryer !

wf.1600634788.jpg

if you are talking about my side wheel, just download .stl file from my message and print it on your 3d printer or use any close to you online print farms - there are billions of them on line. If you were my neighbor I would just drop you one, but sending over the pond is too complicated.

If you prefer ddark model - ask him, he might print one for you.