Mrodair P12 .22 cal beast

Picked this up recently, it needed a little love. Shroud was made with internal threads 1/2x20, barrel was 12mm. I turned the threads off the barrel and made up a short section of the correct thread and bonded it to the barrel. The rear bushing on the shroud had to be sleeved so wasn't flopping around on the barrel. Got the trigger adjusted to work really well. Sure wish it came with the parts for the safety. Stripped it down, clean and lubed. Who knows where the hammer spring came from. Tried what I had on hand, found one that worked quite well. Still a little hammer bounce so I made up a SSG. Installed a middle of the road spring, adjusted everything for about .100 free flight. Just about pooped my pants when I shot some 18.1s over the crony, 990 to 1002 Grabbed some 25.4s and they were 890 to 900 I was pretty much being conservative with my set up. This thing has the potential to make some serious power.

If you guys have any info on this gun to share send it my way. Suggestions for tuning, parts availability (i really want a safety) and the such. Any idea of the thread size on the gauge?
20230305_154756_resized.jpg

20230305_154835_resized.jpg

Still don't know if I like the blond stock. Hydro dip maybe, sand and stain. I dont know, what are your thoughts.
20230305_161558_resized.jpg
20230305_175357_resized (2).jpg

H&N Baracuda @ 1002fps into 3 & 1/2" modeling clay at room temp. Pellet hit the steel backstop.

Owned one of the P12s many years ago and is probably the one gun I still wish I had never sold. Mine was easily making 40 ft lbs in .22 cal out of the box and loved H&N Baracudas. Only thing I ever did to the rifle was shim the hammer spring. Sold the rifle because I convinced myself I needed a repeater instead of a single shot... so what did I replace it with, an Airforce Condor single shot...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Owned one of the P12s many years ago and is probably the one gun I still wish I had never sold. Mine was easily making 40 ft lbs in .22 cal out of the box and loved H&N Baracudas. Only thing I ever did to the rifle was shim the hammer spring. Sold the rifle because I convinced myself I needed a repeater instead of a single shot... so what did I replace it with, an Airforce Condor single shot...:rolleyes:
I never minded a single shot. Every repeater here has a single shot tray in the action. This thing reminds me of the Edgun R5 I had.

Yea this chinese gun has been rebranded numerous times. Including the Diana Stormrider I believe.

As far as the gage I was wondering BPT or BPS. Is there an oring at the bottom? It works but the needle isn't even close to being centered.

The Stormrider is an Snowpeak PR900W
There is an oring behind the gauge. Not at the end of the tread. The oring is 8X1,5 in MM offcourse.
The thread is M8X1 Metric fine.