• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mrod pistol stock tune?

Crosman can help you with a general setting. You can call them at: 1-800-724-7486 

If you have access to a chronograph, and would like to tune the pistol yourself, I would recommend:
-Set the hammer stroke to fully CCW 
-Set the hammer spring to fully CCW
-Fill the pistol to 3000 psi, less 400 psi Example: 3000 psi - 400 psi = 2600 psi ( some may prefer a lower fill pressure )
Then shoot a shot across the chronograph
-Adjust the hammer spring CW to increase the velocity
-Adjust the hammer throw CW to decrease the velocity
FYI- About 670 fps with 14.3 grain pellets will be the max for a stock pistol ( you may want less ). 
Be sure to refill every 3- shots until reaching your goal. 

After setting the max fps, you can adjust the hammer settings or the fill pressure, to fine tune the entire shot string. 
Example: If the first shot(s) are reading too slow, then you would increase the hammer energy or decrease the fill pressure 

To keep the shots point of impact from vertical stringing too much, you will want to keep all of the shots in the shot string within a ( generally accepted ) 4 % or less difference in velocity. The highest vs. the lowest velocity shot per fill is referred to as; extreme spread or E.S.. A 4 % E.S. should be good for out to about 50 yards. If you are shooting closer in, you may be able to increase the E.S. and have even more usable - accurate shots per fill.
*E.S. calculation example: 27fps / 670 x 100 = 4.0 % E.S. 

You may need to shoot several shot strings and do some tweaking, before arriving at a tune that meets your specific goal - or at least to the best of your guns ability. Also you may need to tune the gun for a specific brand and weight of pellet that is the most accurate in your gun.

*This type of tuning procedure is for a non-regulated or “bell curve” type of tune. 

If you should have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Edited the E.S. calculation formula

Good advice above, but crosman has never had a "factory setting" for any of their pcp's. I have purchased well over a dozen marauder rifles and 1 pistol on top of lots of bone stock rifles and pistols I have worked on for others. Seems guns are just randomly set from the factory. Always a good idea to write down how your gun came set before adjusting it so that you can return to those settings.

I ordered some parts from Crosman today. While I had them on the phone, I asked if there were general or starting settings for the hammer spring and hammer stroke for the marauder pistol - incase the settings had been moved. The rep told me the recommended settings and also sent me an email. Here is a partial screen shot of the email that shows the settings:

I agree that the hammer spring and hammer throw settings should be recorded prior to making any adjustments, incase one would need to go back to them.

Anyway, incase someone needs a new starting point, this is what the manufacture recommends.

Hope this helps.

I ordered some parts from Crosman today. While I had them on the phone, I asked if there were general or starting settings for the hammer spring and hammer stroke for the marauder pistol - incase the settings had been moved. The rep told me the recommended settings and also sent me an email. Here is a partial screen shot of the email that shows the settings:

I agree that the hammer spring and hammer throw settings should be recorded prior to making any adjustments, incase one would need to go back to them.

Anyway, incase someone needs a new starting point, this is what the manufacture recommends.

Hope this helps.
Any chance you still have that data from this 8 year old post lol? I've had my P-rod since 2016 and have shot it completely factory stock since then. I've been doing some research on a simple tune that I could follow. I haven't even checked mine yet but would like to write down what Benjamin claims should be the factory setting.