MRAD scope adjustment

If the turrets are 1/10 MRAD/click, one MRAD of adjustment will always require 10 clicks.

Distance does not matter, it's always 10 clicks per MRAD.

If you are using an SFP reticle to measure MRADS (milliradians), the magnification must be set so that the stadia spacing is milliradians. On most standard mil-dot scopes, that would be at 10x.

Reactions: Deerstalker
I don't use ballistic calculator programs and just put targets out from 10 yards to 125 sometimes out to 150 and 200 yards with a big fat slip over turret in 10 yard increments and manually label the turret for each yardage and use only a that specific ammo and never adjust the power.

You can zero at the peak rise in trajectory from 20 to 30 yards anywhere in between.

You can use a couple of modified plastic washers to vary thickness to make your own sorta zero stop at your 25 yard peak trajectory.

It's best to stop thinking in inches when using Mils. 

As long as the magnification has been set to true mils you can use your mil reticle to measure POA to POI and adjust POA in mils accordingly.

I use SHOOTER ballistic app exclusively which provides any aiming solution I could want in mils which negates having to think in inches anymore.

Also there's a lot of scopes that use the highest magnification for mils to be correct.