Mr. Yongs gettin a death rattle

A couple of lessons learned. How to distinguish between internal and external noises and don't order parts on assumptions. It's always better to find out what you are dealing with before deciding the best option. Another Tip is always check the simple and cheap things first before delving into the more complicated causes. I've seen people change good gearboxes and differentials trying to fix noises coming from worn wheel bearings and another guy who bought a new alternator only to find that the $12 regulator was faulty. 

A couple of lessons learned. How to distinguish between internal and external noises and don't order parts on assumptions. It's always better to find out what you are dealing with before deciding the best option. Another Tip is always check the simple and cheap things first before delving into the more complicated causes. I've seen people change good gearboxes and differentials trying to fix noises coming from worn wheel bearings and another guy who bought a new alternator only to find that the $12 regulator was faulty.

Tell that to my oring collection. I have 5 of every oring for every gun I own. Those little compressors are so loud that, like I mentioned earlier, the harmonics of the solid metal unit was making it hard to tell where the noise was coming from. All the horror stories I have read over the last year didn't help. I felt the clock was ticking for when it was my turn so that didn't help my judgement.