• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Mr. hollowpoint?

3 years ago I wanted to buy some. 224 bullets to test a barrel.. didn't like the way it goes . Let's say is not as cool as in his video + found the $$ to much for my use compared to others cast bullet makers.. so thanks to him it pushed me to buy all my casting equipment n stated collecting bullet molds of the caliber n weight I needed.. today 3 years later I had in my Collection molds that really old casters had only seen them on pictures.. thanks Mr hollow point..👍

As for your order I imagine maybe he is a bit behind.. can't imagine him taking money n not filling the orders.. trying to be positive..but he should at least respond you ..

My son ordered some .50 cal from him. He didn't hear anything for a week or two, then the guy emailed that he was swamped and the ammo would go out next week. Communication was not good. The ammo was good but way too expensive IMO.

Lead, tin, and antimony are CRAZY expensive right now. It’s getting worse and worse. And to run a business you must have consistency in your alloy so I highly doubt it’s old plumbing and wheel weights being used.

Then you get into your time to cast (if hand casting), sort, resize, package, and bring to the post office. I promise you if you sat down and figured your time and cost, you wouldn’t do it for that cheap. That’s not even getting into how dangerous dealing with lead on a constant basis is.

i don’t buy from him… but… I do value peoples time and. I charge $80 an hour for my time. And I’d be surprised if I made more than $20/h casting slugs and selling them. It would take commercial equiptment, huge material orders and a lot of sales to make doing it cheaper viable. JSB and Nielsen are no down home little business. They are large operations with huge sales volume.