• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
So I was driving next to a woodline on the nursery the other day...

I had been keeping an EYE out for squirrels on this particular stretch of road. The Eagles song "Lyin' EYEs" was playing on the radio as I rounded a corner and came EYEball to EYEball(20 yards or so) with a squirrel who had murder in his EYEs. I quickly reached for my trusty .177 Crown Tact Compact, which was folded up and sitting on my front seat with a full mag in it. I knew that I only had seconds before he charged me and tried to claw my EYEs out(or run off into the woods). I didn't bother to unfold the stock, but instead propped the gun out the window of the truck and put my my EYE to the scope. I knew this was pretty close to my zero distance, so no need for much holdover. Looking through the EYEpiece of the scope, I could see that he was already EYEballin' me hard and looking crossways at me. 

As I put the crosshairs between his EYEs, I believe I heard him squirrel-bark an insult that my mamma was cross-EYEd(or something like that). So I pulled the trigger and unleashed .177 hell on his a**. 

At 20 yards, the squirrel's poorly armored forehead was no match for the "red-EYE" 8.44g jsb freight train moving at 860 fps. THWAKK! A tell-tale sound of a solid headshot. The subsequent slumping over meant that there would be no need for a follow-up shot. The "headshot flippity flop" dance that he did a couple seconds later was a sight for sore EYEs. 

Upon getting closer, I saw the pellet entered straight between his EYEs and didn't exit. However, it musta caused a lot of damage inside his melon because of the bleeding ears, nose, and of course, the bug-EYEs. This should give you a bird's EYE view of it:

0119221612a.1643080820.jpg

I gotta hand it to him though, apparently as his last great act of defEYEance, he managed to give me the stink-EYE😜

0119221614.1643080412.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-24-22-14-59.1643081458.png

I believe his name was.... Mr. Eyeball.

Thanks for comments, gEYEs. You have an EYE for good squirrel hunting posts. It obviously caught your EYE.

As I sit here eating my dinner of ribEYE steak, black-EYEd peas, and LyonnEYEs potatoes; I'm reflecting back on the hunt and wondering exactly how many psEYEs in a squirrels head does it take to turn him into PopEYE? The world may never know. Not sure there's any way to measure that. It was definitely an EYE-opening experience, though😜

Thanks for comments, gEYEs. You have an EYE for good squirrel hunting posts. It obviously caught your EYE.

As I sit here eating my dinner of ribEYE steak, black-EYEd peas, and LyonnEYEs potatoes; I'm reflecting back on the hunt and wondering exactly how many psEYEs in a squirrels head does it take to turn him into PopEYE? The world may never know. Not sure there's any way to measure that. It was definitely an EYE-opening experience, though
1f61c.svg

LMAO! Luv your posts!