Moved my Benchrest inside the house

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed shooting from inside my shop but every time I needed to work in the shop I had to move all my PCP items to protect them from the shop dust. So I decided to move the Benchrest and all of the PCP items inside my house. I built a wood insert that closed off the lower half of a window and installed a small vertical opening window in the insert. I offset the small vertical window to the right so that the morning sun is now blocked and makes viewing the targets perfect. Now I have the Benchrest, pellets, tools, gun vice, etc. all inside in one location. No matter how hot or how cold it gets, I now can shoot at targets from 10-meters out to 80-yards.

ThomasT
Benchrest Indoor-1A.jpg
Benchrest Indoor-2A.jpg
Benchrest Indoor-4A.jpg

That is an awesome setup! Has there been any downsides to this? I can see tons of benefits, main being comfort.
Hello @Puppadore,

Yes one big downside....it's hard for me to stop shooting and get any house chores done :D , it's just to comfortable and easy.

ThomasT

Oh YEAH Thomas! That is every mans dream bench to shoot from! Jealous in a good way! Woo Hoo! Hope your .177 RAW returns soon!
Hello @Ranchibi

I am really ready to give the RAW a full workout, hoping everyday to hear from Martin.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed shooting from inside my shop but every time I needed to work in the shop I had to move all my PCP items to protect them from the shop dust. So I decided to move the Benchrest and all of the PCP items inside my house. I built a wood insert that closed off the lower half of a window and installed a small vertical opening window in the insert. I offset the small vertical window to the right so that the morning sun is now blocked and makes viewing the targets perfect. Now I have the Benchrest, pellets, tools, gun vice, etc. all inside in one location. No matter how hot or how cold it gets, I now can shoot at targets from 10-meters out to 80-yards.

ThomasT
View attachment 296543View attachment 296544View attachment 296545
Saweeet set up

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello @cjtamu,

Oh I'm sure she will go for it when you explain ( bribe ) how great it will be.

ThomasT
Oh, I showed her Douger’s setup last night and she said, “That’s awesome, WE need a shooting shed”! But, I think shooting from inside the house might be her line in the sand LOL. And the dogs would probably agree. Our Pyrenees would have to give up his window seat.

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Speaking from experience, just remember to open the window before squeezing the trigger!
Hello @bdzjlz

Very good advice thank you (y) . I do have two safety measures in place; 1) The window has to be open because the rifle barrel goes through the window outside, 2) Notice the Red Dot Sticker on the window right where the end of the barrel is located.

ThomasT

Last edited: