• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mounting a Cell phone or other device to a rifle scope.

This is just a comment to assist those who might want to attempt this. There are a number of relatively inexpensive mounts to accomplish this. The disadvantage is the significantly increase the length of the scope in the direction towards the shooter. This can be minimized to a degree by moving the scope forward which can mess with your eye relief when the device is not in use.

The other down side is you have to sight by using the I phone or camera which can be challenging.

From my experience spend the money $200 and get the side shot mount right off.

Yes the Side-Shot is great. I first started out with a camera mounted behind the scope, making it impossible to shoot from the shoulder unless your camera has a viewfinder. With the Side-Shot you get the best of both. Only down-side is that if you run a ballistics calculator on your phone, it's not convenient if you need to use it between shots. I'm waiting for the GoPro version to come out, hopefully soon.

Yes, I've mounted a phone case to a pcp pipe then slide it to the camera. It work but cased so many problems in the field. Every 5hing from lining up the pic after it wad bumped, the turning on the phone, then looking through glare, having an awkward hold to the gun, shaky....ect. side shot does not change anything from your normal shooting style. It is well worth $200.

I had my eye on the side shot for a while but, US exchange rate and cost of postage was a killer. Wanted a couple of 25 & 30mm ring adapter to go with the purchase got to checkout, $450 AU. Thats a lot of pellets and refills for my PCPs...

Setting up the dies for this sort of product is expensive to start.

Hopeful the price might drop once they get volume production going or someone in Australia does a bulk buy/shipping...