• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mount and Zeroing Problem..

Oof yeah thats no good. I'd take a Dremel or even just a file and notch that part of the mount. I can't imagine that would tale more than a couple of minutes.
Yeah, I thought about that. I'm going to shoot a few pellets with it in the morning to see what difference it makes. In the end, I’m thinking the scope is just bad. This is what I’m having to compensate for at 10yds. See the two snake bite holes in the duct tape on the bottom left of the target. This was with a second set of regular mounts. Same exact placement as with the first ones.

F4E29480-A457-44F2-B291-EA221B14F9CE.jpeg

Pyramyd Air
The gun does come with a lifetime warranty fyi. It is possible the barrel is just that far out of whack. I love my HWs and their QC is substantially better than most but they aren't perfect. Sometimes one slips through the cracks.

Have you checked your pivot tension yet by chance. A loose pivot bolt/nut can throw a barrel way off center. If you cock the gun and bring the barrel ALMOST all the way back up (before it locks up) and then let go, does the barrel stay put or does it drop right back down under its own weight?

The gun does come with a lifetime warranty fyi. It is possible the barrel is just that far out of whack. I love my HWs and their QC is substantially better than most but they aren't perfect. Sometimes one slips through the cracks.

Have you checked your pivot tension yet by chance. A loose pivot bolt/nut can throw a barrel way off center. If you cock the gun and bring the barrel ALMOST all the way back up (before it locks up) and then let go, does the barrel stay put or does it drop right back down under its own weight?
Barrel stays put. It's a brand new rifle, barely 100 pellets through it. Barrell action is tight through the whole travel. It shot perfectly with the last scope (the cheap Leapers). Was about an inch low, took me 3 shots to zero it and it was putting in 8-10 shot quarter size groups (main error factor being me), three in the same hole one time. Took that scope off, put the Hawke on (two different sets of mounts now, RWS will be the third one), and immediate problems. If it had always been a problem child, I would suspect the rifle, but the Hawke scope was the day/night change. Suspected the mounts (UTG) at first (thus my original post), but now, a set of Hawke mounts produced the exact same results. I got the Airmax from Amazon (some archery shop in Michigan), and have until the middle of next month to return it, so figuring after the test with the RWS mount in the morning, I'm going to box it up and start the return process.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Barrel stays put. It's a brand new rifle, barely 100 pellets through it. Barrell action is tight through the whole travel. It shot perfectly with the last scope (the cheap Leapers). Was about an inch low, took me 3 shots to zero it and it was putting in 8-10 shot quarter size groups (main error factor being me), three in the same hole one time. Took that scope off, put the Hawke on (two different sets of mounts now, RWS will be the third one), and immediate problems. If it had always been a problem child, I would suspect the rifle, but the Hawke scope was the day/night change. Suspected the mounts (UTG) at first (thus my original post), but now, a set of Hawke mounts produced the exact same results. I got the Airmax from Amazon (some archery shop in Michigan), and have until the middle of next month to return it, so figuring after the test with the RWS mount in the morning, I'm going to box it up and start the return process.

Oh shoot I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where you had another scope on there previously that worked well. Yeah your plan of attack sounds right on then. Sorry for the confusion here! Still, keep that RWS mount. I use them on pretty much every break barrel I get these days regardless of whether the barrel is pointing low. They're solid mounts.

Oh shoot I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where you had another scope on there previously that worked well. Yeah your plan of attack sounds right on then. Sorry for the confusion here! Still, keep that RWS mount. I use them on pretty much every break barrel I get these days regardless of whether the barrel is pointing low. They're solid mounts.
Oh yeah, I’m going to keep it. Notch it out, repaint the notch, and probably use it on the next scope.
Here’s what it did when I sighted it with the Leapers. The low one and one of the other lower holes was totally my fault. I had the process backwards in my mind, but after realizing what was going on, it didn’t take much at all to zero it.

E7D6080A-4642-4A0A-B3DD-96F0ACDCF81E.jpeg

Reactions: Sqwirl57