MOTORHEADS AG Tuning ... is shut down until further notice being @ April 2024

My rotator cuff surgeries taught me a couple of things. First, at age 73, we don't heal as fast as we did 30 or 40 years ago. Second, shoulder surgery is no fun, but one thing is for sure worse, and that is to mess up the recovery and have to do it again! Both of which mean, take your time, enjoy some down time, and know that it will get better. Strength and ROM take a while, even after significant healing. And that internal tissue around the surgeon's cut-and-sew work will continue to heal for 12 months. Hang in there, it will all be a bad memory sooner than you realize.
Ed

Reactions: woogie_man
Tuesday was week 9 post procedure.
I'm not doing well as i should due to the inflammation of my Bicep ligament that was there pre procedure mildly .. Now at surgery site it is pissed off !!
Still stuck in the range of motion PT & not even strengthening yet :confused: Otherwise doing just fine ;)
Ice that sucker oftern 25 mins on and rest an hour and repeat.... ice IS your friend and NO heat.

Best I could help my recovery was start with a light can ,hold it with your arm hanging down, then make a circle with it... Increase the weight as necessary..
I started with a full can. But as I drank more, it got so light I had to start again with a full can. After about 3 cans, it started feeling better!

Hope yours heals better than mine. Had my left shoulder done in 2020, August. Physical therapist told me if I heal well, I’ll be in the 20% group of people that it ends up successful. Well, I ended up in the 80% group. Nagging, knife stabbing pain is long gone, but I cannot raise my left arm like in holding a tape measure overhead for like measuring a curtain rod, and shaking someone’s hand or getting a cup of coffee out of the upper cabinets requires me to swing the arm to gain momentum.

My right shoulder needs the same surgery, but a bit gun shy due to the failed left shoulder so not doing it.

Tuesday was week 9 post procedure.
I'm not doing well as i should due to the inflammation of my Bicep ligament that was there pre procedure mildly .. Now at surgery site it is pissed off !!
Still stuck in the range of motion PT & not even strengthening yet :confused: Otherwise doing just fine ;)
Sorry to hear Scott,
Yeah my post "brain surgery" was one of the toughest things I've ever dealt with ....... even the Doctors didn't have much to say in the recovery?
Pushing it was the biggest takeaway - as being the Wrong thing to doo_O.

I would also say Ice, baby Ice ...........

You'd should take some time and write a "Airgun Tuning Book" -> I'd buy a copy :).

In the mean time ........... hang in there ..... as there are worse alternatives than your facing now.

Last edited:
Hope yours heals better than mine. Had my left shoulder done in 2020, August. Physical therapist told me if I heal well, I’ll be in the 20% group of people that it ends up successful. Well, I ended up in the 80% group. Nagging, knife stabbing pain is long gone, but I cannot raise my left arm like in holding a tape measure overhead for like measuring a curtain rod, and shaking someone’s hand or getting a cup of coffee out of the upper cabinets requires me to swing the arm to gain momentum.

My right shoulder needs the same surgery, but a bit gun shy due to the failed left shoulder so not doing it.
Man, I don't know where you are, but you need to find other orthopedic surgery services. I've had both shoulders repaired, and both are great. And that 20/80 thing is nuts. Good luck, and move, maybe?

Shoulder Surgery in a few weeks ( Rotator cuff ) and my right side too being RH dominate ... This is going to keep me out of the shop for likely many months 🤒
As well may be absent on the AG forums for a spell of time.
* So if you reach out to me & get no responses ... this is the why for.

Scott S
Good luck just do The exercise They tell you to do before and after the surgery you are gonna have a Lotta new experiences, especially being right hand Dominant you’ll be surprised at what all you did with your right hand and Godspeed

You need a better physical therapist

Reactions: SHOMER
Never forget the nourishment part of healing,
getting rid of dead cells as fast as possible helps healing.
To help eat orange-colored fruits and vegetables, though all colors help.
The greatest improvement is to learn about food combining.
And sometimes the goal is to get as good as you can as fast as you can for the longest time you can.(y)