• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Motorhead tuned Diana 48 or new TX200 carbine

As much as I love my LGU, they do better with some internal work to quell a spring vibration and they all need an improved trigger.

I put a sleeve in mine with molly lube and that cured the vibration. A super polish on all parts in the trigger and a modification of the first and second stage screw ( that I added) did the trick with the trigger.

Now it is my most shot spring gun.

I am buttin again,do not think tooo much,Why is because there are a lot of good springers.Can you test any of the ones you may like?

Get your 48 tuned and be done with it,then get a TX200 or a HW 97....nothing else...AA Bluing is the great,the 97 is easy....oh no here we go again!

OK really important thought,do you like your 48 enough to love it,if yes then you know what you need to do.....

I see it All the time,too many choices causes brain drain and money drain and if wife knows pain drain.

I read a story a couple of years ago about a total rebuilt of a 48 by a will known tuner writer he did a couple of them,we wanted to make it the best springer out there,he did....cost was a whole lot.....

The 48 and its' cousin are big and weighty,but there are other springers that are more heavy or seem to be,my 97 is a heavy sob,but can it shoot,my TX seems lighter and is more gentlemanly.......So you see I have all three plus many others.

You like the 48 side lever?Have you tried the 97 or TX200 under lever?..I prefer a break barrel for hunting,that said and I repeat myself the 48 is a powerful air rifle....

Having said all that... my 52 would go before my 97 or TX200 ...unless it was tuned,LOL..If you live in the SF Bay Area I could let you hold and shoot the rifles we have been talking about if you are NEAR...uh the TX200 is a lefty.... Hemingway,Old Man and the Sea,he had it and lost it to those sharks....about the best role Tracy did.....opinionated son of a gun I am.....

I've had Scott tune four of my rifles, including my TX. Of all of them, the TX saw the least amount of change, but I just wanted it to be the best it could be, and that's what Scott did. Very satisfied with all of them.

My LGU hasn't had a tune yet, and maybe it never will. It was perfect out of the box. Later, it developed a slight twang and vibration, and Tune In A Tube took care of that. The twang and vibration has returned a couple of times now, and if it comes back again, I'll ask Scott to address that issue. So I agree with what Yo says about the LGU...

@boscoebrea I’ll probably get the tune as well with the TX and a 54. That’ll do it for me with spring guns, I’m more of a pcp guy. Just needed a solid mid range and long range springer for my gun collection. Sometimes I like being able to just take a rifle and a tin of pellets, shoot a few hours, then just put the rifle away without having to fill it up

I never got around to watching the movie, maybe I will now that you mentioned it