• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Most successful FT guns

Been threw ( tuned for others ) a Bunch of top shelf FT rigs owning a good 1/2 dozen different ones myself.
Even Daystate & Thomas did not fit me as wanted. My RAW which was a special order from martin some 8 years ago has been fooled with extensively, two different stocks, several different calibers, optics and general configurations.
All said and others tried ... the custom RAW TM-1000 remains my main FT rifle to this day !!
2 National Championships, 2 GP Championships & at last count 7 State championship wins with this fine piece of American hardware ..... Thank you RAW ;)

Pictures when new & now ...

rsz_dscf9690.jpg

thumbnailm.jpg

Been threw ( tuned for others ) a Bunch of top shelf FT rigs owning a good 1/2 dozen different ones myself.
Even Daystate & Thomas did not fit me as wanted. My RAW which was a special order from martin some 8 years ago has been fooled with extensively, two different stocks, several different calibers, optics and general configurations.
All said and others tried ... the custom RAW TM-1000 remains my main FT rifle to this day !!
2 National Championships, 2 GP Championships & at last count 7 State championship wins with this fine piece of American hardware ..... Thank you RAW ;)

Pictures when new & now ...

View attachment 426423

View attachment 426424
nice ... tell me more about this set up you have here

At the time all of the TM series were Air Tube rigs with a silver receiver and grey air tube. Only the HM & BM were bottled in production offered configuration.
This was special ordered in Black & having a 400 cc bottle and requested accent parts. Bare barrel, no sleeve or shroud etc ...
Started as a .177 cal and went threw 3 barrels looking for the accuracy wanted .... Found said accuracy when rebarreling once more in .20 cal using a HW barrel blank sourced out of England. Thats HW not LW ;)
It has gotten a complete heart & lung transplant and runs totally one off custom guts ... hammer to valve and a modified regulator. Trigger has a custom fully adjustable button type blade. Breech seal an o-ring faced design. Bottles have been the factory 400 aluminum ... 200 cc off a BSA R10 ... 350cc Carbon. V block on bottle fitting a bi-pod yoke. Telescoping wind flag.
Current stock a Thumb hole or Thump up style. Lower palm shelf adapted off a BSA Gold star.
Rear thigh rest and mechanical butt plate added as well. Optics a 34mm tube Schmidt Bender 5-25x56 PMII using a cantilever -20moa ARKEN one piece mount. Has a incline % / pitch meter on area of back scope rail. Flip compensator mounted on muzzle.

m.jpg

At the time all of the TM series were Air Tube rigs with a silver receiver and grey air tube. Only the HM & BM were bottled in production offered configuration.
This was special ordered in Black & having a 400 cc bottle and requested accent parts. Bare barrel, no sleeve or shroud etc ...
Started as a .177 cal and went threw 3 barrels looking for the accuracy wanted .... Found said accuracy when rebarreling once more in .20 cal using a HW barrel blank sourced out of England. Thats HW not LW ;)
It has gotten a complete heart & lung transplant and runs totally one off custom guts ... hammer to valve and a modified regulator. Trigger has a custom fully adjustable button type blade. Breech seal an o-ring faced design. Bottles have been the factory 400 aluminum ... 200 cc off a BSA R10 ... 350cc Carbon. V block on bottle fitting a bi-pod yoke. Telescoping wind flag.
Current stock a Thumb hole or Thump up style. Lower palm shelf adapted off a BSA Gold star.
Rear thigh rest and mechanical butt plate added as well. Optics a 34mm tube Schmidt Bender 5-25x56 PMII using a cantilever -20moa ARKEN one piece mount. Has a incline % / pitch meter on area of back scope rail. Flip compensator mounted on muzzle.

View attachment 426573
that is one serioues comp right right there you have.. and i can tell you put alot of effort in to that set up.........barrels too is something we all have to get lucky to get a great one...im glad ur happy with your .20 barrel... can you post some of the groups you are getting at 25 meters and 5 yards would be much aprecheated love to see them

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorhead
that is one serioues comp right right there you have.. and i can tell you put alot of effort in to that set up.........barrels too is something we all have to get lucky to get a great one...im glad ur happy with your .20 barrel... can you post some of the groups you are getting at 25 meters and 5 yards would be much aprecheated love to see them
This is a FIELD TARGET rig .... it seldom goes paper punching as i find doing so very boring :cautious:
Tho when doing so ... at 50 yards in calmer conditions & if shooter is in his groove, it will print groups of 3/8" or tighter with JSB 13.73's

Reactions: cavedweller
This is a FIELD TARGET rig .... it seldom goes paper punching as i find doing so very boring :cautious:
Tho when doing so ... at 50 yards in calmer conditions & if shooter is in his groove, it will print groups of 3/8" or tighter with JSB 13.73's
thats great..... i see yours is a .20 as for me my raw bm500 is in a lrt stock and .177 its doing with some lot numbers 5 shots. 5mm ctc at 50 yards......sometimes a tad smaller.....this is with my poly barrel and its really likes jsb 10.3 and jsb 13.4 at 25 meters im getting 10 shots in 1.2 mm ctc...... im very satisifed with the accuracy of my .177 poly barrel.... so much so i cant ever imangine to have to get another barrel to improve on it........... as for me all my raw does is paper shoot %99 of the time.!

IMG_6833.JPG

Over the last 40 years, if I was to predict what the actual statistics would reveal as the most winningest field target rifles would be :

USFT
Steyer
Thomas

Of course in piston the TX200 and the HW97. However the HW77 was the one to beat from yesteryear.

Hunter division's list will be more diverse but only goes back 15years and started off as a sporter class. You could probably compile those stats in the archives.

Cave, so currently which top three FT rifles do you like the best, and in what order?
in terms of <20 ftlbs HFT rigs

#1 is my Brocock Ghost carbine
#2 is my Daystate Sapphire
#3 is my Daystate Revere

In terms of <12 ftlbs
#1 is my USFT MAC1
#2 is my Anschutz 8002
#3 I sold my crosman 1702T HFT pistol because of loading challenges

But there is a huge reason for these final choices
accuracy yes
but I have a very difficult time breech loading so my favorites also indicate the ergonomics which work for me
flip out single shot loaders make my life easier
It was a sad day when I sold my 2 Steyrs one being a AZ creation and sold my 2 TM1000’s tuned by Motorhead - all fricking laser beams, but you can only donate so many pellets to the earth before the swearing starts and accuracy suffers from frustration. I have a RAW pistol in .20 in route NOW and since it’s a pistol breech loading should be easier with it. Fingers crossed 🤞
Update - this TM1000 in .20 is indeed a laser beam, sightron s-tac 4-20x50 on top
IMG_7143.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 426573
Just a beautiful and well built/Thought out Unit, well Done Scott! Something to be said about Classics for sure. Curious as to where you found the Scope eye cup? Been looking for one to fit a 34mm scope with a 45mm outer diameter at the mounting area? Good Luck with the Shoulder Healing/Therapy.

Reactions: cavedweller