• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Most satisfying shot this year.

Mine was a ground sqirrel at 123 yards with a Crown .22 with either a JSB 18.13 or a H&N Terminator. Topped a small rise in an alfalfa field and just had to try the shot. Wind slight from right to left and sunny, held off at edge of body took an educated wag for elevation and squeezed off the shot. Seemed forever for the pellet to arive and the sqirrel folded and then put up the surrender flag. But what made truly memorable was in seconds a Red Tailed hawk was on it. That gave me a good distance measuring target. The Hawk, I take was male as we became hunting buddies in the next few days. Every time I showed in his world he would sit in a nearby power pole waiting for a meal and take the first two or so to his mate sitting on a nearby nest, then get his meal.

I shot a fatty squirrel with my Vet @ 153 yards, my longest confirme kill! 

DF551916-844B-4564-BCBA-59D0F0A42E8F.1603649112.jpeg

Renz

Mine was a ground squirrel about 70 yards out and a good 50 ft below me. This guy had climbed to the top of a pair of 6’ steel fence posts that were a few inches apart and hid most of his head and lower body. I had a window of about 3“ where I could see his front leg and shoulder. Fired a 16.2 gr JSB Beast (.177) at 930 FPS and heard that satisfying thump. He slid almost in slow motion rung by rung to the bottom of the fence and was done. Just one of those shots that made me smile.

A skunk at 85 yards, under a full moon with no lighting or night vision. It was bright enough I could see it rooting around through my scope and decided what the heck give it try. Amazingly it went DRT from a perfect side shot in the vitals and without any spray from a 23G H&N slug.

I wish I could get that lucky all the time with the spray when they're closer to the house.

My most epic shot ever.

So my dad was renovating a house to flip earlier this year, and had a problem with a persistent HUGE groundhog getting into the crawlspace and making a mess of things. He thought he'd blocked the tunnel the varmint had dug well enough but it broke through after a few days. He lives a couple of hours away, so I saddled up to go deal with this monster on a Saturday. 

Groundhog finally made an appearance about 20 yards out in the side yard of the house. I sneaked to the front porch, used the rail as a rest, and popped him right behind the ear with a .25 Polymag from my Cricket. Down he went. I thought he was toast like every other groundhog I've ever shot in that same spot. BUT, he rose again! He jumps up like it was nothing and ran off toward a neighboring house and sort of hid in some brush by some trees, about 40 yards out. I could shoot safely, but the brush was an issue. I hit him somewhere on the body. Seconds later, he breaks out in a sprint toward the hole in the foundation! I was sure he was gonna crawl in there and die! It was an old house with a LOW crawlspace, so that was not going to be good. 

So he's booking it toward the hole and I am trying to get the crosshairs on him and worried about hold-under, etc. then I lose him through the scope. I look up, and he's 10 feet from the hole and moving fast. So, having recently played a lot of Fortnite with my son leading up to this, I took a no-scope from the hip shot from about 15 feet away leaning out from the porch as he is headed to the parallel side of the house where the hole was. Let it fly, and POP! He rolls over dead literally 6 inches from the hole. I have no idea where I hit him or why that took him out while the headshot did not (I had no interest in an autopsy on this mangy vermin), but it saved the day.