Most reliable and most trouble free .25 ?

I asked last January. I called AoA and they told me they were made at one point, but didn't sell well. The Evol .22 shooting the 25 gr redesigned will give you comparable energy to a .25 shooting .25 gr JSBs

Tj's makes plenty of barrel blanks with faster twist rate too, it would be great if they made "pellet" and "slug" variations as more people are wanting slugs here in the states for obvious reasons, and TJ barrels are what the evols use.

I asked last January. I called AoA and they told me they were made at one point, but didn't sell well. The Evol .22 shooting the 25 gr redesigned will give you comparable energy to a .25 shooting .25 gr JSBs
Yes, out of the box, my AAA Evol Paradigm in .22 does put out the same FPE as a .25cal.

.22cal vs .25cal, .25cal vs .30cal.

9mm vs .40 S&W, .40 S&W vs .45 ACP.........and the debate goes on.

This was taken of my Evol after getting submerge in chlorinated water and let sit for days, thousands of cycles of cocking and shooting, flexing the barrel to the point of trying to bend, dragged for a mile in the mud, run over 3x and thrown off a cliff. I had just mounted the scope back on, gun shot perfectly.
Screenshot_20220809-113350~2.png

My .25 Webley Tomahawk. 23 ft lbs. Under 8 lbs. Has a different 3-9x40 Airmax now. Fits better. No twang or vibration. No luggage. No leaks.
View attachment 285827

View attachment 285829
I was going to fault you for posting a springer but had to go back and look at the original post so you're good lol. I guess the OP never mentioned whether he meant a springer or PCP. I guess everyone assumed he meant PCPs' because there's not too many .25cal springers out there.

Another vote for the Taipan. I bought a like new Compact .25 this winter, the more I shoot it the more I love it. If I miss, its my fault, not the gun's.
I have not owned one, but I notice a trend concerning Taipan Veterans. From posts I read here on AN I don’t think that there is a gun that more consistently has great reviews from users. I have only rarely heard a negative comment about them (there is always going to be some problem), but the reviews I read from users are overwhelmingly positive. I don’t really want a rear cocking gun, I hope that Taipan makes a forward cocking version in the not to distant future, and that in so doing don’t break what is so good about this gun. I have a left handed friend (I know, it is unwise to keep such company), that is thinking about getting his first PCP, and wants input from me. Based on the posts from users here I would like to recommend the Vet, but would not be left handed friendly.

Last edited:
My .25 EDgun Lelya 2.0 is proven hunter that puts meat in the freezer. Bought the gun second hand and she’s taken more small game than my other airguns. She lightweight, balanced, rugged and take hot and cold with the best of them. I’ve falllen through a log crossing a creek bed with her, had her out in 20F degree weather, light rain, hot humid days, and she’s still kicking. I believe I’ve been hunting with her for around a year, maybe a bit longer. I have one small issue that I haven’t investigated yet. It doesn’t prevent the gun from functioning. If it’s what I think is, it’s about a $50-$55 fix. There she is down below.
61158858-0845-4A5A-BD35-0443F3C2CA89.jpeg

FB6E096D-D6DD-4A33-B9B6-D476958813D9.jpeg

I have not owned one, but I notice a trend concerning Taipan Veterans. From posts I read here on AN I don’t think that there is a gun that more consistently has great reviews from users. I have only rarely heard a negative comment about them (there is always going to be some problem), but the reviews I read from users are overwhelmingly positive. I don’t really want a rear cocking gun, I hope that Taipan makes a forward cocking version in the not to distant future, and that in so doing don’t break what is so good about this gun. I have a left handed friend (I know, it is unwise to keep such company), that is thinking about getting his first PCP, and wants input from me. Based on the posts from users here I would like to recommend the Vet, but would not be left handed friendly.

Actually the cocking levers are reversible and takes about 5 minutes to do.

See :)

20220823_173602.jpg

20220823_180326.jpg

20220822_175714.jpg

Reactions: Mr.H