Most questionable use of an airgun I have ever seen.

"zebra"
"outdoorman"
"Auronotcs"it always confounded me why someone would kill something they had absolutely no intention of eating.
Squirrels can be very destructive pests. We had lots of them around our 2 acre wooded lot. The last straw was when I heard a ruckus in my car one day. I shook and banged on the car and the ruckus continued. I finally popped the hood and a squirrel was sitting right on top of my engine. After reading about people spending thousands of dollars on new wiring harnesses due to this problem I decided that was it. They got into the attic once before and chewed some wire up there. They dig holes in the yard, tear up the wife's flower pots, raid the bird feeders, chew on stuff...etc. I had a pumper that was effective at short range but then I got the Diana 34. We don't have a squirrel problem any more. We've eaten some but that's not the primary reason for killing them. I love nature and all living creatures but sometimes you have to draw a line. When the wife screams about a spider in the house, I capture it and release it outside. I've been bitten by a black widow spider, twice, but I don't kill them when I see them. I have no problem with hunting as long as it is for providing food, pest control or invasive species control.
X2

Anything that digs up my lawn is getting a pellet through the head. That goes for any of you too! Nobody digs up my lawn and gets away with it!

I agree, if it's tearing stuff up, that's also grounds for elimination. But there's a difference in blasting things in your yard because they're a pain and actually hunting. 

Its still a better way to die than on an assembly line in a slaughter house. This is how I kill most of my meat(Chicken, hog, cow, goat). I give them a good life, pet them everyday and when its time to go you just harvest them. Nothing wrong with it. What is wrong is the controlled hunts. Having a bunch of animals fenced in a few acres is not hunting. That's just killing. Just no fun in that. Not my cup of tea.