N/A Most powerfull pcp pistol?

There are some massively powered single shot big bore ( .357 to .58 caliber) pistols like Evanix, Quackenbush, etc. and brands like AEA that are also big caliber but with semi-auto but not the best quality but average. The real game changer seems to be the Huben GK1 in .22 and .25 with massive power, semi-auto with a reliable proven action, big capacity of shots, and accuracy.

Last edited:
I owned a .50 Quackenbush PCP pistol for a while. Any caliber Quack being made for maximum power, FIRST THING I did was de-tune it to return multiple consistent shots, rather than losing velocity with each shot. As excerpted from Airgun Chronicles-

"As received, this .50 pistol produced 640 FPS on the first shot and 550 FPS on the second. After a re-seal and much de-tuning, it now returns 2 consistent shots per charge."
181gr Speer .495 balls, 3000 PSI charge- Low= 567, High= 587, ES= 20, SD= 7, Average= 579 FPS/135 FPE.

DAQ .50 pistol.JPG

One of my more recent projects was butchering a perfectly good $2200 .22 Brocock Bantam Sniper PCP rifle into a pistol/carbine convertible. In either form (pistol or carbine), it gets this-
18.1 grain FX, 125 BAR reg pressure, Power Level 4, 8 shot string- Low= 844, High= 849, ES= 5, SD= 1.7, Averages= 846 FPS/28.8 FPE.

Sniper convertible pistol.jpg

In carbine form-
BroCo Convertible.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking from my own experience (mostly plinking at targets in my backyard range), I've found that a balance between power and usability is key. Super powerful PCP pistols can be awesome, but they can also be heavy, have more recoil, and require a bit more maintenance compared to their less powerful counterparts.

Now, on to the power! Based on what I've seen on airgun forums (I'm an enthusiast, not a pro!), the Evanix Viper in .30 caliber is definitely a contender for the most powerful PCP pistol out there. It packs a punch, but it's also on the heavier side and might have more recoil than you bargained for.

Why isn't there a huge thread with all your construction details?! That's pretty cool!

GsT
I built this particular pistol before I was a member here, but I also need to get the valve patented before I could share any details of it. The pistol itself is super simple with a minimum of parts for reliability and weight savings.

Reactions: GeneT