most powerful 25cal air rifles+ bull pup length

If you go for the low-cost Hatsan Flash pup you will be carrying a light and compact hunter with a great trigger. It shoots the low-cost Baracuda Grizzly slugs accurately for high ballistic coefficient/downrange energy.

Very tunable, see the Brothers in Arms videos.Throw in a 70 usd Audrius regulator for consistency. I would suggest the wood version over the synthetic because the scope rail in the S sometimes moves, throwing off your POI. Note: the wood has a different ID cylinder from the S!

Another great low cost and well built gun is the Kral Puncher Breaker. Side lever cocking. Synthetic version is lighter and shorter than the wood. Contrary to the Hatsan there is no need for a reg. The S version does not have the Hatsan POI issues because it has a better build concept. It only needs work if you want to crank up the power beyond 50 Joule. 

Best of luck! 🐦

.. but i am wondering if a step up in power to 25 cal would be a good idea for hunting coyotes. i should be able to get off 50 yard shots or even closer based on my experience seeing them on a regular basis...

50 yards and under, .25 cal compact hunter, nothing can touch a Airforce TalonP. Out of the box 50fpe, very easy to make more, and is the easiest gun I have ever worked on.

DonnyFL adapter + Emperor and silently terminate any coyote you see.

Yes TalonP. And later on if you saved a couple hundred bucks you can add an 18 inch barrel with no special skills and shoot up at around 75-80 FPE

I've built .25cal Taipan Veterans that maxed out around 125FPE (might have been higher with different slugs, but all that I had on hand was 52gr). Kind of loud at that power, but surprisingly quiet closer to 100FPE. 8.1lbs with a beech stock, 31"

Wooo I didn’t know those vets could make that kind of power! If the vet retains its impeccable accuracy shooting at 100 fpe that is one hell of a rig! 
How did you get it to that power? I’m assuming port work, larger plenum, higher reg pressure

.. but i am wondering if a step up in power to 25 cal would be a good idea for hunting coyotes. i should be able to get off 50 yard shots or even closer based on my experience seeing them on a regular basis...

50 yards and under, .25 cal compact hunter, nothing can touch a Airforce TalonP. Out of the box 50fpe, very easy to make more, and is the easiest gun I have ever worked on.

DonnyFL adapter + Emperor and silently terminate any coyote you see.

Yes TalonP. And later on if you saved a couple hundred bucks you can add an 18 inch barrel with no special skills and shoot up at around 75-80 FPE

...I got the 24" barrel...90-100 fpe...

I am looking for a 25 cal air rifle for hunting coyotes in my neighborhood, Question -

will 30 cal be too loud even with a moderator i dont want to alarm my neighborhood (the hatsan bt carnivore looks like a cheap option i found it on amazon)? i would get a moderator though

I am looking at the hatsan neurtron star and hatsan hercules bully, . seems like the neutron star has 54 fpe but is 44 inches long

the hercules in 25 cal- if im doing my math right has 90+ FPE. it has a good length, but it is 10 pound so it seems very unwieldy. again i would add a moderator

any suggestion on a high power 25 cal that is not unwieldy.

another question - i am worried about hatsan's 1 year limited warranty from what i understand they are hard to get on the phone.

sorry for all the questions. even if you answer a few questions that would be helpful
Hey op not really wondering if you already went with an rifle but my leshiy 2 .25 RIPS! I definitely recommend a .25 or even .30 cal but really any decent shooting pellet gun will make noise my leshiy2 without any mod just barrel will literally make my ears ring but with my blow back shroud and my mod it definitely helps, definitely still barks shooting at 50 fpe. Could relate it to an air compressed nail gun, also even if you bring it down sub 750 fps you could make it quite but the sound of that THUD the pellet makes at .25-.30 cal is soo noice. But almost as loud as the rifle. nothing like the power, these higher caliber rifles deliver. I always thought if Im gonna spend some real money on an air rifle I would get a good caliber so it would actually be accurate and really powerful. And I’m telling you this semi automatic leshiy 2 in .25 350mm barrel definitely SLINGS these slugs.
If ur interested shoot me a pm if you can, I got some videos and pics of different speeds and power

Last edited: