HW/Weihrauch Most Impressive Of The Bunch!

I've been blessed with many fine airguns and as of late I have been rotating through them in no particular order...going through an alarming amount of pellets....All my PCPs are in mid season form with my Taipan Veteran ahead by a trigger...The biggest surprise and the gun thst impressed me the most lately has been the HW97 .177 tuned by buddy and AGN member LEWIS...tuned to 11.5 fpe with a TBT kit.
He recommended JSB 8.44s but I don't stock them...gave the 10.34s s go and wow! The pictured penny group is around 50 shots at 30 yards off my knee...Just couldn't miss but had to quit...gun got too heavy. Interesting the Veteran and that HW triggers make for some sweet shooting airguns! The dime group was the last group today with the Veteran...just put the scope back on it, a friend was using it on her Vet...10 shots at 51.5yds benched...typical and no sweat for the Vet...but that '97 non bench group from a springer got my attention!
1000002913.jpg
1000001498.jpg
1000003009.jpg

I've been blessed with many fine airguns and as of late I have been rotating through them in no particular order...going through an alarming amount of pellets....All my PCPs are in mid season form with my Taipan Veteran ahead by a trigger...The biggest surprise and the gun thst impressed me the most lately has been the HW97 .177 tuned by buddy and AGN member LEWIS...tuned to 11.5 fpe with a TBT kit.
He recommended JSB 8.44s but I don't stock them...gave the 10.34s s go and wow! The pictured penny group is around 50 shots at 30 yards off my knee...Just couldn't miss but had to quit...gun got too heavy. Interesting the Veteran and that HW triggers make for some sweet shooting airguns! The dime group was the last group today with the Veteran...just put the scope back on it, a friend was using it on her Vet...10 shots at 51.5yds benched...typical and no sweat for the Vet...but that '97 non bench group from a springer got my attention!View attachment 461174View attachment 461175View attachment 461176
impressive to say the least ! the penny group !!!

He recommended JSB 8.44s but I don't stock them...gave the 10.34s s go and wow! The pictured penny group is around 50 shots at 30 yards off my knee...Just couldn't miss but had to quit...gun got too heavy. Interesting the Veteran and that HW triggers make for some sweet shooting airguns! The dime group was the last group today with the Veteran...just put the scope back on it, a friend was using it on her Vet...10 shots at 51.5yds benched...typical and no sweat for the Vet...but that '97 non bench group from a springer got my attention!View attachment 461174View attachment 461175View attachment 461176
Amazing groups from the 97 and of course the Vet is peerless. Nice shooting w/o a bench!(y)

It is called "Living the dream" sir, and you earned that privilege.

Outstanding showcase of what those two rifles are capable of. The 97 and Taipans are both stalwarts of the airgun world, and can clearly still cut the mustard.
Well done!

Reactions: RM100GUY
John-Bill...I love you guys to death!!! That springer group (is) a testimony to our buddy LEWIS...if his tuning capabilities were widely known he would have to quit his day job....Not many people I would let mess with my
1000003013.jpg
guns....Cats out of the bag LEWIS....Clear you schedule...LOL!
Side note....Couple groups with my HW97 .20....was struggling with it until the end of the shoot...Discovered my front scope mount screws we not tight and backed out...still not too bad for full factory tune.

John-Bill...I love you guys to death!!! That springer group (is) a testimony to our buddy LEWIS...if his tuning capabilities were widely known he would have to quit his day job....Not many people I would let mess with my View attachment 461848guns....Cats out of the bag LEWIS....Clear you schedule...LOL!
Side note....Couple groups with my HW97 .20....was struggling with it until the end of the shoot...Discovered my front scope mount screws we not tight and backed out...still not too bad for full factory tune.
You should try the 30 yard challenge with your 97 .

Reactions: .20calguy