Most efficient PCPs with 3000 psi fill?

I dont get in what wa one would get hurt by cylinder volume :) It is like with car, MPD or L/100km...

Motorhead would you mind telling us which guns reached such stellar efficiencies, or give some links on appropriate threads?

Recently got rid of my hatsan to invest in better equipment, looked a lot at .25 Vulcan but ordered Cricket root instead, because of power, shotcount and efficiency. Now the big Wait for mail begins :)

I don't really see why someone would get hurt by cylinder volume, it is ver simple and logical way of measuring, atleast for me :)

Motorhead would You mind telling us which guns reached such stellar efficiencies with mods, or post a link or info about threads, where to read about these? I saw Your Mutant thread, if i were buying a gun in .22 i would probably get a Mutant and do the mods, it was very persuasive thread :)

I got rid of my Hatsan and made room for new, "hi-end" pcp, was looking very hard at .25 Vulcan but chose Cricket for shotcount, power and efficiency instead. Anyone did tuning on .25 cricket valve for may shotcount, as Spinj described?

If anyone is interested, my friend has Huben, he said he gets 38 shots at 110J (82FPE) from 240 to 140bar and the cylinder has 270CC... That is 6.45cc/j, which is almost unreal at that power. At lower power i believe the efficiency would go down more, that hammerless system is working wonders:)

Also, FPE/CUIN and CCM/J are inverse units;
1FPE/cuin is roughly 12,6ccm/j
1,5 is 8,4
2 is 6,3
Just for better perspective :)

I would throw in one other factor, which is Extreme spread in velocity limited to 2 percent. You can enhance your numbers (shots @ W fpe with a tank volume of X cubic inch, starting at pressure Y and dropping to pressure Z) by simply allowing your extreme spread to go up. By limiting the extreme spread to 2 percent it makes sure everyone is using the same yardstick for performance. As a reference, with 25cal JSB exact king 25.39 grain (at around 40fpe), a 2% extreme spread equals a vertical variation in impact of about 1 inch at 100 yards. 

Glad to hear the results of low power. well efficiency of 100% is around 4cc acording to chairgun,so there is little more room to improve in terms of cc number. mabe you would get better efficiency with heavier pellets than hobbies, or maybe little more refined tuning is needed, just thinking out loud. at wat pressure you have the regulator set? anyway, thanks for input

John-- your effeciency number works out to 9.01 cc/joule. Seems well tuned for a hammer/valve system.

When I'm on my form I do about half inch five shot groups at 25 yards wï bucket and sticks,the occasional group better. The Hobbies shoot well at 750 fps, a bit better at 1000 fps, and poorly in between. Accuracy falls off again past 1000 fps. 

JSB 18.1s run fair, Crossman domes run poorly at all speeds. Beasts run well, but I have limited experience with them. I'm hand pumping, and they take a lot of air, and they're pretty high power for my home shooting situation. My whole property is 1/6 acre, I'm lucky to have a safe 25 yard range. I've swaged some cap and ball slugs to suit the magazine, they look quite promising given the accuracy of my swaging system, but again experience is limited for the same reasons.

The Huben is way more gun than I need at home, which is where most of my shooting happens. Fortunately, it dials down well.