• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Most desirable thing in the airgun world?

I’m fortunate to be able to shoot at home up to 100 yards, to me that is super important. For some reason, I can’t post pics today…
IMG_8074.png
IMG_8068.jpeg

Last edited:
Ones i dont get are the ones who got to hide in there basement. even if they seem to have s good yard if nothing else but afraid to shoot on there own property. Blue state i guess?
You have a home , a life you do not want to move , so you shoot where and how you can . I retired to my place with a 40 yard home range , wasn't in Air guns at that time but i am 10 miles from my club range PB's.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangeokie
For me, my greatest desire was to have a gun that checked all the boxes in fit, feel, accuracy, simplicity, low maintenance & CONSISTENT repeatability. That was my Holy Grail! I feel myself INCREDIBLY fortunate to own THREE that do that for me!!! I also live in an area where I'm no more than 15-20 minutes away from a number of places where I can shoot long range to my heart's content.

For many years I lived in a pretty large urban area, and I always felt like I had to look over my shoulder to make a couple of casual shots out my basement window to take a pest.
Fast forward to five years ago, I finally moved to a rural area, I have 10 acres. I have targets set up at 25, 35, 50 and 85 yards.
And this time of year I have hundreds if not thousands of dandelions, bright yellow target rich opportunities.
And then when I sold my house, I siphoned off some money to buy a scuba compressor.

33 years ago I decided I didn't want my children to grow in a jungle of concrete without a garden. I decided to invest in a place to build a house in which my children could have a dog and a "normal" children life running and playing.

That decision implied a lot of effort on my part because my job was still in that jungle of concrete. So I had to drive thousands of miles on the highway. And to sleep two nights of the week at my mothers house (what allowed me to take care of her on her last years).

Now that I am retired I can enjoy with my wife our house with our grand sons, the growing of our fruit trees, our dogs and, of course, shooting with my air rifles.

So the investment was on the childhood of my sons, more that in a land to shoot with air rifles.

I'm like Emu....37 years ago I bought a piece of land 70 miles from where I was living in a concrete jungle, before my kids got old enough to start school I started clearing some of the land and built my house myself.....I commuted 70 miles each way to and from work for 34 years...I retired almost 3 years ago and I'm loving life now....I have a 50 yard range in my backyard with a concrete shooting bench that I used when I was into rimfire benchrest shooting. When I recently got into air rifles, I cleared out a shooting lane in some of my woods for a 100 yard range, I now have a 50 yard and 100 yard range in the woods also. The only downfall to having your own range is....I can't keep enough ammo as I shoot just about everyday now...My wife just bought me a new T-shirt that says...Retired- I don't want to-I don't have to- You can't make me....:)

IMG_4535.jpg

The ability to be able to shoot in my backyard. No driving to a range or state land. That is priceless. Only PB shooting I am remotely interesting anymore is shotgun clay shooting for the above reason.
This. The ability to safely shoot in my backyard is the point, for me. Also what made me realize I didn't care for high power airguns.

Now... I'd love to be able to shoot a round of trap on my own land, or have a small clays course, but that's a different issue :)

I do not know anybody who invest in land for airgun shooting. Some of us live where it is possible to shoot.
I believe LD did. Fortunately we are rural enough that anything beyond our backyard range is within a few paces.

Have lead, compressors and a I'm blessed with a wife that enjoys the sport. What would be MOST desirable is the health of my youth which was immune to what are now heavy long guns. My wife's in agreement.

Reactions: cavedweller
For me it has been my wife period.
If the bills are paid and their is food on the table then she supports me and my endeavors even if she does not understand them. We have land to shoot on & I have a small compressor to keep the guns topped off. . Not a ton of money but comfortable, I'm a very fortunate man in this aspect

I do not know anybody who invest in land for airgun shooting.

🔆 I do.

The president of the Peruvian airgunning club.

He just bought a piece of land just an hour out of the city (our city is so large it takes 2 hours to cross it):
100y x 50y.
With several different types of quarry around.
And neigbours that already agreed that we could extend our shoots across tjeir property to 200y....

Yes, airgunning in Peru is messed up:
• Gun prices are easily 40% more than in the US
• A tin of 500 JSB costing $20 and up — IF you can find one.
• Local police is rather ignorant of airguns and have confiscated airguns and done other inappropriate stuff.
• Hunting is very limited and strictly regulated. And you pay money for each pigeon or other quarry taken.

🔆 But we count our blessings — and that airgunning range is a big one!! 😄

Matthias