Other Most dependable and easy to work on PCP?

Curious what y’all think is the most dependable and easy to work on pcp. To be a little more specific, semi-auto, 22 or 25 caliber
You are working two...conflicting...questions here !

The "most dependable"...will NOT necessary be the easiest to work on. WHY...would you...work on the most dependable ?
Confusing question !

Another, why would one diameter pellet be any different than one just a few...thousands larger (or smaller) ? You want to compare a .177 to a .50cal., then yeah, good question !

Mike

You are working two...conflicting...questions here !

The "most dependable"...will NOT necessary be the easiest to work on. WHY...would you...work on the most dependable ?
Confusing question !

Another, why would one diameter pellet be any different than one just a few...thousands larger (or smaller) ? You want to compare a .177 to a .50cal., then yeah, good question !

Mike
Looking for folks opinions on most “dependable and easy to work on” not the most dependable and not the easiest to work on…the “most dependable and easy to work on”. The most dependable doesn’t mean it’ll never need work. I’m also open to folks giving me either and why it’s not the other. Not a big deal don’t over think it.

edit. If I hadn’t added caliber some would have asked.

Reactions: MrP
Not sure what your goals are, but if you want dependable and easy to work on you could purchase a RAW or a Diana Bandit and accomplish what you asked easily... one is $1000 and one is $200. Both are very dependable and easy to work on but one is machined with a lot tighter tolerances and will most likely out perform the other when it comes to accuracy at distances beyond 25 yards, You might try a regulated bandit (PP800R), if you are looking to have something that you can easily tinker with, Backyard friendly (with moderator), and the three I have are very accurate to 30 yards.

Reactions: Wannab12
OK Wannab 12....I'll give you my .02 cents worth....First off...I am a retired machinist and ASE master auto tech...I built and fixed stuff professionally for 44 years....After I retired Jan '17 I started buying PCP air guns after owning one Rapid 12 Theoben since '04....taking my hobby to the next level....What I've learned about "dependability and easy to work on" PCPs....With the exception of one or two problematic regulators (a Mk1 Wildcat .25 and a newer Huntsman Regal) I just haven't had many issues at all. The Huntsmans reg was adjusted down by AOA from new before shipping...May had something to do with that ones issue. I can have that Regal reg out in my hand in just a few minutes....easy to do...However...I'm a big BIG advocate of letting a trained professional fix "stuff" nothing is more difficult than going behind an amature and fixing what they missed up...Ask me how I know. GETTING KNOWN RELIABLE PLATFORMS in the beginning is the key...not ripping 'em apart to try fixing or trying to improve on a platform such as a Taipan Veteran or a Huntsman Regal that have been around for years and years...I prefere a nonregulated Regal myself...The two mentioned examples if in new or original working order...no telling how many trouble free years of service they will provide...More often than not "owner servicing" will do more harm than good...but my point is "rippin' 'em" apart most likely won't be necessary for 5 to 10 years...used correctly! The higher end modern PCP's like modern cars are extremely almost unbelievably reliable....Don't try to out guess the factories and engineers who design these things....The unregulated Huntsmans and Steyr Pro X semi auto operate at 200bar...less pressure less stress but I wouldn't touch the guts of the Styer...but I'm betting it won't be necessary for many years...EPILOG: Taipan Veteran original model or an unregulated Huntsman are the ones to have on a desert island with no tools....and don't try and "soup 'em up" and see how long they last. Yeah I know there's other ones too...but these are MY choices.