• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

most consistent slug through a .25 Cricket?

If your gun is not capable of higher velocities or rather, not tuned, they probably won’t shoot too well. I have tried FX hybrids in my untuned .25 cricket. It was shooting 910 with 25.39 grains JSBs and I used the 26 grain FX hybrids. I turned the power adjustment screw as far up as it would go and got like 1 to 1.5 inch groups at 50yds. The further I turned it up the better it grouped but it was still a long way from the groups I got from the Diablos. 

Just thought I would add my two bits. 

Consistency being key this is 24 shots (2 mags) at 50 yards with 29 grain nsa dbhp's out of my old powertuned cricket pushing them at 920 fps. 33.5grain NSA's were right behind these but not quite as tight of groups... hope this helps!
20210210_145434_1.1613094664.jpg

Couple quick questions as recently purchased used 25 cricket that I love. Who power tuned your cricket? Do you lube those 29 grain nsa’s? I think they would be awesome on squirrels! I currently shoot the 25 grain diablos at 940 fps but the 34 grain ones lumber around 860 fps.

Aloha Okie2,

Charlie Frear (Georgia Airguns) give him a call, let him know what you want and he will PT your cricket.

Aloha,

Keone