• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Most accurate pellet for R9/HW95?

My HW95L .22 seems to shoot the H&N FTT 14.66 gr 5.53 mm pellets best. Here is 5 at 25 from a table with Caldwell bags. My average is about 17 FPE after an ARH kit with Vortek seal & 7K shots.
8eBypd3m.jpg
Thanks, no Beeman or Weirhauch guns in 22, only .177. But the H&N FTT are the best I've found for my Benjamin Trail NP2 gas piston.

My experience may or may not carry relevance since my R9 .177 has been Vortek'd by JT... it shoots H&N 9.57 Baracuda Match @835fps "most" consistent. H&N or AA 10gr follow close second... sorry, no CP in my soft(er) lead seasoned barrels.
Thanks, I have a tin of the Bara Match's. Just got them this week, haven't had time to test them yet.

My ”stock” R9 in .177 likes most of the H&N Baracuda variants from FFTs (8.4g @ 895fps) to the Hunter Extemes (10.65g @ 830fps) but if I’m looking for the magic… H&N Baracuda FT (9.57g, 4.51 @ 870fps) or the discontinued Baracuda Lights :(
Never had the good results everyone claims with JSBs, extreme inconsistency in weight/head sizes in every tin.

Reactions: badger5th