Most Accurate Bullpup

I asked a similar question a few years ago and I wish someone would have offered the advice I hope I can now give. I wanted to buy one to "rule them all" in the accuracy dept and of course I got all the usual answers from people with varying levels of experience with different manufacturers. You will have some people defend gun "A" to the death, swearing that "so and so" manufacturer makes the most accurate gun on the planet. After having gone through a couple dozen PCP's over the last few years, from all the big names, and often more than one gun from the same manufacturer, none of them are consistently going to give you that "magic bullet" of accuracy 100% of the time.

All the good names, FX, Kalibrgun, Edgun, BSA, etc, etc., make fantastically accurate rifles most of the time. I've had some guns that will stack pellets, for the most part, at 50 yards. Then I've had the exact same model, but different gun from the same manufacturer be less than impressive in the accuracy dept. It mostly comes down to whether or not the gun that YOU get out of the box has everything lined up that needs to be to get good accuracy.

My advise, pick the features that you want the most, regardless of manufacturer, and buy that gun. You are just as likely to get a pellet stacking gun from most of the big names.

That being said, there are some things that can "help" to ensure accuracy, not guarantee it. Ie., a regulator, I will likely never buy another unregulated gun. A good barrel from either the Lothar Walther, FX Smooth Twist, a Czech barrel, BSA cold hammer forged. The issue is that even these big names sometimes have less than perfect barrels slip through the manufacturing process.

If you're putting a gun to my head, The only three guns I've kept, and still have after these past few years of searching for the best "accuracy" (consistency) are an FX Royale 500 .25, a Kalibrgun Cricket carbine in .22, and a BSA R-10 MKII in .22. The BSA is the only gun that I can't remember ever reading anyone having accuracy problems with, but you said you're looking for a bullpup and I don't think they make one.

True to what I'm telling you, I also had a .25 Cricket carbine that wouldn't shoot for a damn, and FX Bobcat (exact same action as a Royale) that I couldn't make work for me either.

That being said, looking for and trying new guns is incredibly fun and addicting and remember to take your time and enjoy the journey! Best of luck with whatever you choose! 

Regards,
Cliff

Reactions: Senor Ramon
I have a .22 Cricket and .22 Wildcat. Both are very accurate but the edge goes to the Cricket which is equal to my AirWolf in the accuracy department. I don't think the FX Smooth Twist barrel design is equal to a traditional rifled barell which is why I believe my Wildcate is not quite up to my Cricket. Now here is the interesting part, I have the most fun shooting my Wildcat. The light weight, action and overall feel simply makes it the most fun to shoot. For small game hunting it is more than accurate enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNThlRI3iTxaBQrT9Hpy48w

I've think if you put in the time and work with a regulated gun like the Vulcan, Cricket, Bobcat, or Tactic learning the hold to use all the time, the pellet it likes, and the hammer spring tension to adjust the FPS then you will be happy. I thought my .22 Cricket was the best thing since sliced bread until i got my Vulcan Tactic now that is the most accurate gun in my cabinet right now. But when i first got it. it was all over the place. It just took time for me to figure out pellet, hold and FPS, no professional tuning done as of now, not to say that i won't send it out in the future. But the most accuracy shooting i've EVER seen on youtube with a pellet gun has to be Ton Ton Doggy whom shoots a FX Bobcat .22 Cal straight out the box. Just learn and master your gun and you will get the results you are looking for (as long as there is no manufacturing defects to prevent you from getting the most from it, because it happens). Make sure you give it time to settle in.

After all the adjustment, fine tuning, and all the proper gear and ammo with all the man hours shooting to get your skill tuned--->it all come down to the barrel, I have tuned,repaired a lot of AG and no one brand will out shoot the other, but I do know if I have a bad shooting gun--even after all i can do to make her shoot accurately, I install a reference barrel that I know its a shooter ----> if I see a dramatic improvement in accuracy--->I can blame it on the barrel.

There is no one answer unfortunately. I wanted to know the same thing once. One Cricket could outperform a Vulcan and the reverse could be true if you tried another two. 

People who take their air guns to compete in competitions seem to start with any one of the high end air guns and then put in a little work to make them great. A lot of people here send their guns to ER for a tune when they buy them, for example. Some people keep trying new barrels until they find one they are happy with. You can invest in a "better regulator" etc.

Btw, you can turn almost any air gun into a bullpup. I saw a thread where someone made a sweet-looking Steyr bullpup for benchrest competitions. If you have an air rifle you are happy with in terms of it's accuracy, maybe a little bullpup project is in order.

For the reasons all stated above I buy used rifles from trusted guys .Most all of the airgun addicts buy and sell to feed their addictions likei do :). I've bought some INCREDIBLE used rifles but don't make the mistake I've made TWICE now !!! Bought 2 different rifles from guys who told me up front that the guns worked well but weren't exceptional shooters .
Well what my egomaniac mind heard was --- I can't shoot Joe like you can ,This gun needs your touch ------ ahhhh wrong !!! The guys were right , they were just average to good . And I sold them both with Same info up front and in both cases I could tell the new buyer was just like me. Lol
When one of the guys tells you it's a true tack driver , I've always been pleased ! I post a lot of groups shot with these rifles and almost every time the gun will easily outshoot me !! That all being said , I had a Cricket 25 Bullpup that was honestly unbelievable to shoot ....I miss it every frigging day

"JoeWayneRhea"For the reasons all stated above I buy used rifles from trusted guys .Most all of the airgun addicts buy and sell to feed their addictions likei do :). I've bought some INCREDIBLE used rifles but don't make the mistake I've made TWICE now !!! Bought 2 different rifles from guys who told me up front that the guns worked well but weren't exceptional shooters .
Well what my egomaniac mind heard was --- I can't shoot Joe like you can ,This gun needs your touch ------ ahhhh wrong !!! The guys were right , they were just average to good . And I sold them both with Same info up front and in both cases I could tell the new buyer was just like me. Lol
When one of the guys tells you it's a true tack driver , I've always been pleased ! I post a lot of groups shot with these rifles and almost every time the gun will easily outshoot me !! That all being said , I had a Cricket 25 Bullpup that was honestly unbelievable to shoot ....I miss it every frigging day
I feel the same about my .25 Cricket. When you get a good one you just feel a sense of confidence that you'll hit anything in your crosshairs instead of shooting and looking up to see what you hit. Within a second of pulling my trigger, a squirrel will be falling out of a tree. They aren't the lightest but they are balanced very well and have an amazing regulator for consistent shooting. You even gave yours it's own skin to make it feel like a real boy!

There is nothing like the most accurace bullpup. It all depends on the gun instance. What KalibrGun, EDgun give you is just the fact that statistically you can get an accuracy rifle. However, sometimes Hatsan ia more accurate than these brands. Given that the system works correctly, it all depends on the barrel quality. Some of them are poor and some of them are good despite the fact they may be produced by the same company. The quality varies from batch to batch by fair amount.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED UNRELATED CONTENT