Most accurate break or under barrel out to about 75 yards?

Just wandering around cabelas the other day and was wondering where to spend my money for the most satisfaction. I'm not ready for PCP and looking to spend 300 or less. Any input would be great.

Chris

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the AGN!

Ask a forum moderator to move this post to the Springers Discussion Topic area, and you will get more ideas from those members. You can also check the Classifieds for used Break Barrels or Under/Side levers, but you need at least 10 posts before you can buy or sell an AirGun. Some very knowledgeable people here on the forum.

75 yard accuracy - Depending on your definition of ‘desired accuracy’ that is a long way for a break barrel. I own three (Gamo, Crossman and Diana) and I used to shoot 25-40 yards in my back yard.

PM ( I.e., send me a private message ) me with your contact phone or email and we can talk. I have some ideas for you.

Tom 

Reactions: JimNM
Found this in a quick search in the Classified category. Diana 350 Magnum for $350. I have the 350 N-TEC in .22 caliber and it is in the safe now, but the are well made. Steve ( AEAC ) did a great review on the N-TEC so you should check it out.

Edit: Could not cut/paste pic but you can see pics once you review the Classifieds. 

cd5bb00f-d7eb-42e5-a44f-12a05d8c20d8

You would be better off thinking about 3/4" accuracy at 35yds than what you are thinking.

And a powerful magnum springer is the hardest rifle to shoot and cock.

Half 75 yds.=37.5 yds.now that is better for a springer....

you have a budget of what,$300.....maybe a used RWS48...Study up on what you think you want ,the goal is to be happy.

There are some refurbished Diana and RWS air guns,look at their web page,good luck.

Thank you, I know that I plan on starting close anyways I just using that range as a maximum distance where some accuracy will still be obtainable. Like I said I'm not looking for 1 inch groups that far out...i don't tho k I could do that with a centerfire lol. I'm guessing a tea cup saucer at the smallest.

I've always lived long-range shooting for the challenge of it, I had an uncle that was an army sniper and have been fascinated since I was a kid. Unfortunately, some things from my past bar me from shooting firearms anymore :( and I'm not quite ready to jump into PCP yet 

My recommendation is to install the Hawke Chairgun Pro program. You can graph four simultaneous gun/pellet configurations. Here are a couple of things I found with Chairgun:

If you're hunting rabbits in England with a 12 ft-lb gun and 5.7 grain H&N FTT Greens, the pellet will stay within a 1" killzone window up to about 45 yards. 

Can a springer reach 300 yards? For fun, I configured Chairgun with a 30 ft-lb gun and a couple different .177 pellets. Yes, Chairgun shows they can reach 300 yards but the arc is ridiculous. (over 80 inches high).

Good luck with your shooting! 

Just wandering around cabelas the other day and was wondering where to spend my money for the most satisfaction. I'm not ready for PCP and looking to spend 300 or less. Any input would be great.

Chris

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the AGN!

Ask a forum moderator to move this post to the Springers Discussion Topic area, and you will get more ideas from those members. You can also check the Classifieds for used Break Barrels or Under/Side levers, but you need at least 10 posts before you can buy or sell an AirGun. Some very knowledgeable people here on the forum.

75 yard accuracy - Depending on your definition of ‘desired accuracy’ that is a long way for a break barrel. I own three (Gamo, Crossman and Diana) and I used to shoot 25-40 yards in my back yard.

PM ( I.e., send me a private message ) me with your contact phone or email and we can talk. I have some ideas for you.

Tom 

So Chris 

What are you thinking about buying now that you have so much input?